DPF Delete pics and dyno results! - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-03-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 293 Times in 185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailhawk View Post
Quite possibly, however the overall inside diameter of the new pipe is atleast 40% larger. I've also used this sort of tubing for all sorts of big power things over the years and although i do not believe they flow as well as straight silicone for example, i can guarantee this will outflow the original however, the limit to air flow into the turbo maybe the elbow just prior to the turbo or the air flow meter itself so there may be nothing to be gained playing in the area, especially if its the AFM. But i like to play.
Yeh I agree with that. Play away my friend. On that note, even though I have the 8 speed, what improvements are you making to the 5 speed?
Old 20-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCDingo View Post
Yeh I agree with that. Play away my friend. On that note, even though I have the 8 speed, what improvements are you making to the 5 speed?
We did it arse about, tuned the trans then went and added more power and low down torque so, at the moment its got to come back and be adjusted, i even got them to tune it with a dirty filter which I spend half my day lecturing my customers on what NOT TO DO. So the a dumb arse.

What we did do is lessened the torque management on gear change a lot, it changes nicer now, not so d-r-a-w-n o-u-t if you know what i mean. Its not SRT spec by any means. I also got him to stack shift it a bit so it uses the torque down low and will remain in the gear as opposed to dropping back a gear for no reason. More time has to go into this, id also like to play with torque converter lock up points and how quickly it chooses to unlock, the thing makes BULK torque now under light throttle load so if I can keep the lock up engaged until say over 30% throttle I should also optimize some economy.
Old 20-03-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

Can't wait for tomorrow. My WK2 is booked in at HPF to have the DPF & intercooler pipes done...... and the tune.
HPF have already done the exhaust and tune, but I'm reasonably sure the tune was wiped when I had the S49 and the follow up patch done.
Will report on power, torque and economy once I have had a play 😁

Cheers, Craig
Old 20-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 570 Times in 293 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

[QUOTE=Trailhawk; What we did do is lessened the torque management on gear change a lot, it changes nicer now, not so d-r-a-w-n o-u-t if you know what i mean. Its not SRT spec by any means. I also got him to stack shift it a bit so it uses the torque down low and will remain in the gear as opposed to dropping back a gear for no reason. More time has to go into this, id also like to play with torque converter lock up points and how quickly it chooses to unlock, the thing makes BULK torque now under light throttle load so if I can keep the lock up engaged until say over 30% throttle I should also optimize some economy.[/QUOTE]

On the five speed the torque converter only locks in fifth gear unless you have been able to change it to lock in other gears. It might lock if you are not towing but if you are towing then it doesn't lock in any other gear but 5th. Which makes 5th gear nearly as powerful as 4th gear as there is less torque converter power loss

That's why I am following this topic as I feel that being able to lock the torque converter in 3rd and 4th gears as well as 5th would be a huge advantage when I am towing 2.5 ton of caravan

Good work Trailhawk

Bob
Old 21-03-2017
RubiconSlammer

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts

First of all, a big thankyou to Matt for his time and devotion today in turning my WK2 into an absolute weapon.
The S49 recall and follow up patch wiped out my tune completely, so I have been used to driving it around stock for the last 8,000 Klm's.

Had the DPF delete pipe fitted today as well as the intercooler pipe & re-tune.

Matt will follow up with a post and his figures might be slightly different to mine, however, these are my calculations before and after the dyno test.

Power before - 184Kw
Power now - 223Kw
Increase - 21%

Now here is the big one.........
Torque before - 570Nm
Torque now - 724Nm
Increase - 27%

As I mentioned, Matts figures may vary slightly, but I think I'm pretty close.

Only drove about 30 Klm's home, but man, what a difference. The torque is amazing. No where near as much throttle required.

Will keep a close eye on fuel useage and report back.

Thanks again Matt......still smiling
Old 21-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 90 Times in 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee30D View Post
First of all, a big thankyou to Matt for his time and devotion today in turning my WK2 into an absolute weapon.
The S49 recall and follow up patch wiped out my tune completely, so I have been used to driving it around stock for the last 8,000 Klm's.

Had the DPF delete pipe fitted today as well as the intercooler pipe & re-tune.

Matt will follow up with a post and his figures might be slightly different to mine, however, these are my calculations before and after the dyno test.

Power before - 184Kw
Power now - 223Kw
Increase - 21%

Now here is the big one.........
Torque before - 570Nm
Torque now - 724Nm
Increase - 27%

As I mentioned, Matts figures may vary slightly, but I think I'm pretty close.

Only drove about 30 Klm's home, but man, what a difference. The torque is amazing. No where near as much throttle required.

Will keep a close eye on fuel useage and report back.

Thanks again Matt......still smiling
Dyno graph tomorrow but that thing left like a scalded cat and sounds bad ass!!
Old 22-03-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 293 Times in 185 Posts

Any delete pipes left Trailhawk?