KJ lifts and what to expect - Page 13 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

What's the key to that Blue???

Giving up on the kj?????

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 07-02-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmohr
What's the key to that Blue???

Giving up on the kj?????
Maybe he is changing directions and saving up for a SFA conversion
Old 07-02-2007
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Blue KJ why arent you interested?
Old 09-02-2007
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So Ed,
How are you enjoying the new dizzy height's of your new lift
Old 09-02-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDKJ
So Ed,
How are you enjoying the new dizzy height's of your new lift
haha it's alright...was going to clean the boost sensor but it's too tall to get to... or maybe I'm too short LOL... need to get a milk crate or something...so I installed my RFI antenna and my GME TX3200 radio tonight.
I know, sad thing to do on a friday night haha...
Old 12-02-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Kings Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed.
After the lift with CRDSTU's special springs and kings rear.
Front: 525
Rear: 540
Just need to wait for them to settle and re-measure.

I'm glad the rear is so high as once the drawers go in with the recovery gear and tools it should sit a bit lower

Thanks to CRDSTU for sharing the better spec'd spring with us all.
G'day Ed,

When you say CRDSTU's special springs, are you referring to King Springs
KJFR-27HD front and KJRR-28 rear springs for the CRD ? I too am trying to determine the best lift options for my '06 CRD and there seems to be mixed opinions on the suitability of the OME's on the CRD. I don't have a steel bar but considering either the ARB or TJM, so thats another reason I wish to change the springs as I only have 170mm clearance under the engine bash plate. Mind you, my wife wants a nudge bar as she doesn't like the look of the steel bars, so I may be stuck with a nudge bar which may impact on the spring choice for the front.

Cheers, Lee.
Old 12-02-2007
AJOR Bronze

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yes, they are Kings, I think Stu listed the part numbers somewhere in this thread or another in the KJ section of the forum. The kings is the only suitable front spring for the CRD if you want a longer spring. I'm running the original CRD springs with a daystar 1.5inch spacer and 9mm strut top plate which gives the same lift - and that works fine as well. But now the kings are available, go with these for your CRD.