Rockcrusher diff cover - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-06-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

MRGC got impatient and has made some calls

Looks like pricing will be $45USD + GST which will round up to about $70AUD + shipping once converted. We are just checking that the hat will clear the panhard on a stocker and then will be ready to get some cash and put in an order

Also the manufaturer is in VIC, Mornington so the Vic guys can go pick there's up if they like and save on the shipping. Pending them fitting it's all looking good

Looks like we may put in several orders, one for Sydney, one for Brisbane and a few for the more remote guys. So pricing will also depend on where you live.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve F; 30-06-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old 30-06-2006
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

why would clearence be an issue on the rear of the TJ?
Old 30-06-2006
So play on just play on

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB87U
why would clearence be an issue on the rear of the TJ?
No idea, I dont know where the panhard is on the TJ where as I know what the rear of the XJ looks like, just covering my arse.

Cheers
Steve
Old 30-06-2006
Lowranger Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
No idea, I dont know where the panhard is on the TJ where as I know what the rear of the XJ looks like, just covering my arse.

Cheers
Steve
Sounds like i will have to take a look for myself when i get home, mark the D44 for me as pending till confirmed.

Oh and are we paying you a finders fee? 10% should see yours paid for
Old 30-06-2006
Lowranger Shocker

I found this little write up on the net (http://wayalife.com/?m=200512) and thought it would be of use to ajor members installting these rockcrusher diff hats.....

I copied the data from the site mentioned above for ease of reading....

As stupid as this might sound, it never crossed my mind that I should be mindful of how much gear oil I should put in my front differential after installing my new RockCrusher Dana 30 cover. I mean, I was very much aware that the fill hole on this differential cover was considerably higher than stock, but I guess I just figured what harm could it do to add more gear oil?

Well, although more gear oil in the differential may not hurt anything on your Jeep, let me just say, it sure as hell can make a big mess. As you can see in this photo, what I failed realize was that the new and higher fill hole on the RockCrusher differential cover sits at about the same height as the vent tube. And, for the most part, I suppose this would be no big deal if all you ever did was drive on flat ground, but once you get going up an extended highway incline like the I-15’s Cajon Pass, you will quickly find out why this is a bad idea.

The first thing to clue me in that something wasn’t quite right was the stink of burning gear oil I started to smell. At first, I thought it was coming from a truck in front of me but after I passed him and the stick still stuck around, I knew it was time to pull over and give my Jeep a look. From what I can tell, the ring gear inside the diff did a fantastic job of pumping the gear oil up and out the vent tube and in significant quantities too. Pouring down from the top of the breather cap, the engine fan and/or wind speed sprayed the gear oil all over my engine leaving behind a big stinking mess.

Anyway, I guess the moral of the story is, if you buy yourself a RockCrusher differential cover, please do yourself a favor and learn from my mistake…. make sure not fill up your differential up to the fill hole.
Old 30-06-2006
So play on just play on

Welllll, we've been (MRGC actually) told that these covers were made for the Aussie vehicles initially by the manufacturer and that they do clear the stock panhard, I'll reconfirm this when I go to put an order in on Tuesday but it is still buyer beware if it doesn't clear YOUR panhard then YOU need to do something about it.

If anyone wants to pay a finders fee then I'll happily accept it

Final prices without shipping from the factory are as follows

D30 $70 (rounded up slightly)
D35 $73 (I think)
D44 $79 (again rounded up)

I've had to do a rough conversion just to make sure I'm not left out of pocket as I'll get the money into my account and place an order. For shipping we can organise how many and where to send them to so some to my place, some to someone in Brisbane etc. Once shipping is worked out we can do another transfer of monies to cover it, each person will pay a percentage of the shipping to the nearest capital to them and they can either pick up from there or get them shipped individually by the kind sole who receives them.

Hopefully it wont be that expensive to ship but if you live in NT and your the only one getting one it will obviously cost you more than the rest of us as you will bare the full cost for one item from Mornington to your home. If shipping costs worry you then dont order.

Now I need some PM's, shoot me one with items you want ,your real name, what city you want it shipped to and contact details and I'll send you my account details. When you put money into my account make sure you give plenty of detail so I know who it's from and what its for.

If we get the order in on Tuesday then we should have them in 3 weeks so I'll be calling them on Tuesday afternoon and ordering. If we get it in later they may not have any excess in this order and we'll have to wait about 3 months for the next run of them.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve F; 30-06-2006 at 08:55 PM.
Old 30-06-2006
So play on just play on

One final comment, on the weekend crawl under your jeep and check clearances, then if you think all is cool send me a PM and put the money in my account saturday evening sometime

I'll send my details out in one hit tomorrow afternoon to everyone that PM's me and confirm what you ordered

Cheers
Steve

Last edited by Steve F; 30-06-2006 at 12:14 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply