Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 37 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2010
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

I have no sway bar on the rear and drives and handles just fine!!!
Old 02-11-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quick question, just bought a new JK & first on the list is some new wheels & tyres. Looking @ 33s and maybe some Mickey Thompson DC-2 wheels but was told that they wouldn't fit on the stock spare carrier, anyone have to upgrade their carrier or should 33s bolt straight on (until a new rear bar of course)..?
Old 02-11-2010
AJOR Bronze

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickem View Post
Quick question, just bought a new JK & first on the list is some new wheels & tyres. Looking @ 33s and maybe some Mickey Thompson DC-2 wheels but was told that they wouldn't fit on the stock spare carrier, anyone have to upgrade their carrier or should 33s bolt straight on (until a new rear bar of course)..?
Depends on the backspacing. I ran a 16x8 5"BS on the stock carrier before I upgraded no problem. Worry about that later and consider a spacer like this if need be: http://www.quadratec.com/products/22202_1000.htm
Old 02-11-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[quote=JKJEEP;1138315]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetiboy01 View Post
Saturday fitted the new wheels & tyres: Rugged Ridge hub centric wheels 17 x 9 with 4.5" backspace, Mickey T MTZ 315/70/17 measure 34.6"
They stick out past the flares about 1.5" so a flare mod will need to be done
The heavier tyres highlighted my worn track bar bushings giving the jeep a wheel shimmy over bumpy roads, New bushes will go in this week,
Can any one using this size tyre on their JK tell me what pressures you run on the road & in the rocks? & is any one using 5:13 gears with a petrol auto

I run 28 on the road. Down to 16 off road.
Run the same size tyre on a JK petrol unlimited and have the tyres at 30 for onroad and 16 offroad. Still have the stock 3.73 ratios and hope to have the 4.88's in soon but still runs good and not sluggish with the auto to date.

JTO
Old 02-11-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Fin View Post
Depends on the backspacing. I ran a 16x8 5"BS on the stock carrier before I upgraded no problem. Worry about that later and consider a spacer like this if need be: http://www.quadratec.com/products/22202_1000.htm
Thanks Blue Fin...
Old 02-11-2010
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

[quote=Jeeptheone;1138509]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJEEP View Post

Run the same size tyre on a JK petrol unlimited and have the tyres at 30 for onroad and 16 offroad. Still have the stock 3.73 ratios and hope to have the 4.88's in soon but still runs good and not sluggish with the auto to date.

JTO
I'm running 4:10 ratios have noticed the difference off road with the bigger tyres, the torque converter seems to slip more so it needs more revs to get going. On road I have to keep an eye on the speedo as it seems a lot easier to speed now ( I have calibrated the speedo for the new tyres)
Last trip I ran 14psi in the tyres, next trip I will drop them to 12 & see if they work any better as at 14 they wernt getting the traction I wanted in the rocks

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Old 11-11-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Engineers Certificate

Hi

I have this lovely new shiny 2010 Wrangler with 33" tyres and 2.5" Lift. From all my reading I just bought a brand new unroadworthy car. So far someone told me that every pretty much ignores the

(is that a jeep thing as well

Anyway, has anyone got a engineers report/certificate in Victoria for a late model wrangler running 33's and 2.5" lift (It maybe only 2" after the bars and roack rails etc weigh it down)

If someone has I'm interested to know how and where and what it cost.

I'm keen to go down this path if it means I can keep my lift and tyres.
Post New Thread  Reply