Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 50 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default OME's

Do you know the model numbers of the coils, 2628 etc. And what type of Jk do you own. I have had 2 sets of OME coils in the Jk so maybe can provide some useful input. 2 / 4 door, CRD or petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus Patriot View Post
Well I have been reading and reading on lifts etc... and there is indeed many out there. Having used Old Man Emu on our KJ for a few years without any probs and the ride being much better than stock and there springs not sagging much with many hard k's I have decided to try it on our JK.

Booked in for the 4th of March.

After talking to the guy's there to see what will work and not I hope we have got the right spring combo.

Vehicle set up mopar front and rear bars weight wise.
No intention of changing bar or adding winch for about 2-3yrs.

Medium springs for the back and light for the front.

The guy's at arb advise that this will give me a racking effect of the rear being higher than the front to cater the weight of say a 60L Engel, 75amp thumper and other camping items.
When loaded up should be level.
They said that if I put in MD springs at the front that the front would be much higher than the back and this is not what I wanted.

Mopar springs and stock shocks will come out which are in now. The rear has really sagged with the hard top. When its almost on empty(fuel wise) on level ground and no weight in the back its almost 15mm lower than the front. Was almost 10mm higher when it was new 6.5months ago and almost 12000k's.

I hope it works.
Old 04-02-2011
Sideways Slammer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Thank you.

It is a 4dr, petrol and manual.
I do not have the part numbers on hand.
I will get the part numbers and report back.
Old 04-02-2011
Full Flexer

Quoted $850 for a OEM 2" lift supply and install from Wanneroo Jeep, is that a good price?

Or is there a cheaper place to get it installed in Perth?
Old 04-02-2011
Sideways Slammer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Well when we were getting our JK Mandurah Jeep wanted $1100.00 for the kit.
That was to much indeed and it was thrown in.

But its coming out next month.

Plse have a read at all the info. Can get confusing but ask your questions as the guy's know there stuff here.

If I paid $850 or $1000 for the mopar stuff I would be killing myself.
Old 04-02-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

mopar coils have been redesigned by their supplier, Lovells, as they were indeed having issues with their coils.

Honestly the ONLY reason you would pick the Mopar lift is because it is dealer supported. If you are out of warranty or a bit savvy there's better lifts around.

I was very close to going the Mopar coils but decided to go with Suspension Stuff's new Ultra Flexy coils and I am very pleased with the results.

here is how it sits:

From bottom lip of flare to bottom lip of the rim (not the rounded tyre side but the square edge of the rim facing upwards).

RHR: 800mm
RHF: 790mm
LHR: 810mm
LHF: 800mm

It has a slight nose down stance but you don't see it in this pic due to the ground being flat. Could do with 10mm spacers on the RHS if you cared....I don't think i do. I think if i had the back seats in and the hardtop on it would sit a tad lower.

There's the coils. They are tapered wire and wound progressively. They sit an inch or so longer than the original springs which means they don't fall out with longer style shocks.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...10707Small.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...10706Small.jpg

But yeh, these springs will be available in just about any lift height you want and be available for both V6 and CRD....exactly what we've been needing!

Articulation pictures will be posted when I get my new shocks.

Last edited by Yom; 04-02-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-02-2011
Full Flexer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
mopar coils have been redesigned by their supplier, Lovells, as they were indeed having issues with their coils.

Honestly the ONLY reason you would pick the Mopar lift is because it is dealer supported. If you are out of warranty or a bit savvy there's better lifts around.

I was very close to going the Mopar coils but decided to go with Suspension Stuff's new Ultra Flexy coils and I am very pleased with the results.
And now is when I admit my mistake, When I bought my second hand 07 2DR JK in December, I was offfer an extended warranty but the Melville Dealer. I took it. So not to sure if a non oem lift would void it.

End goal is to put bigger tyres on the stock 16" rims, a DBOR front bumper and a Kargo Master Congo Cage rack.
Old 04-02-2011
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

I have updated my post with some more information.

FYI you can fit 285/75r16 tyres on your stock rims and there will be no major scrubbing until you disconnect the front swaybar.

Fit any metal barwork BEFORE you lift it!!
Post New Thread  Reply