E.G.R. Disconnect. - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-07-2009
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

As long as it meets the recommendations then it should be OK
Old 29-07-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

I now use-
CASTROL SLX PROFESSIONAL OE synthetic SAE 5W-30
Cost me $300 for 20lt Drum

The dealer at Geelong Jeep put in Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 at the first service and I wasnt happy with them putting a mineral oil in an engine that came out with and specifies Full Synthetic!
They were suppose to put in Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30. It took me a week of phone calls and talk to the manager to get them to finally admit what oil they put in (as i just wanted to buy some spare oil!) Then they tried to tell me it was fully compatible Semi synthetic oil which it aint!
I dont know if it was done for cost reasons or they just didnt know? Some Dealers are a worry.
Im sure it didnt hurt the engine but i changed it anyway.

Last edited by ShortBlack; 29-07-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 31-07-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
I now use-
CASTROL SLX PROFESSIONAL OE synthetic SAE 5W-30
Cost me $300 for 20lt Drum

The dealer at Geelong Jeep put in Mobil Delvac MX 15W-40 at the first service and I wasnt happy with them putting a mineral oil in an engine that came out with and specifies Full Synthetic!
They were suppose to put in Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30. It took me a week of phone calls and talk to the manager to get them to finally admit what oil they put in (as i just wanted to buy some spare oil!) Then they tried to tell me it was fully compatible Semi synthetic oil which it aint!
I dont know if it was done for cost reasons or they just didnt know? Some Dealers are a worry.
Im sure it didnt hurt the engine but i changed it anyway.
Adelaide CJ puts Castrol Enduron Low SAPS into VM 2.8 CRDs. Their response was: "As the engine is made in EU, we just follow EU specs for the engine oil which is C3 and MB229.31/51. If it were Cummins or GM engines, we'd follow API CJ-4 and CI-4." Seems logical to me. Castrol's tech said SLX professional OE and Enduron would both do quite well for the VM engine. But it's obvious each dealership pedals its own oil company.

Last edited by EugeJK; 31-07-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 31-07-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeJK View Post
Adelaide CJ puts Castrol Enduron Low SAPS into VM 2.8 CRDs. Their response was: "As the engine is made in EU, we just follow EU specs for the engine oil which is C3 and MB229.31/51. If it were Cummins or GM engines, we'd follow API CJ-4 and CI-4." Seems logical to me. Castrol's tech said SLX professional OE and Enduron would both do quite well for the VM engine. But it's obvious each dealership pedals its own oil company.
yer it was Essendon Jeep Vic that use Professional OE and said i should switch to that.
Your right in Adelaide CJ's logic there, and also that each Dealer appears to use something different? Never heard of the Castrol Enduron?
Old 31-07-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsuzi View Post
Keep us posted with this mod, is it easy to do, and what fuel consumption benefits are you getting?
hi big suzi. have run a tankful now and can say that i am now getting about 9.5 litres per hundred round town, mostly very short short trips of 5-6 k, a couple of trips on major roads with city (70k) speed limits and numerous stop lights and about 15 percent on metropolitan freeways with 100k speed limits and occasional traffic lights. before that was getting about 11.1 to 11.3 litres per hundred for the same thing. a vast improvement. engine has also settled down now, very little rattle on cold morning startup and absolutely purrs when warm. bottom end torque is awesome.
Old 31-07-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidd View Post
... last week i removed the egr valve vacuum line from the egr valve and plugged it...
Hi davidd

Very nice mod you did !!!

You plugged only the vacuum line, or also egr hole?
Also, this mod works for 09 diesel model also or there are any changes in the egr for late models?

Thanks

Miguel P.
Old 31-07-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

just plugged the vacuum line mate. i believe the 09 still has the same vacuum operated egr system. follow the vacuum line (plastic hose) from vacuum solenoid on the front of the rocker cover back to the rear of the inlet manifold where it connects to a large round silver thing (vacuum operated valve control). pull the little rubber elbow on the end of theplastic hose off the valve control and plug the rubber elbow. all done. understand you will void your warranty if you do this and they find out.!!!!
Post New Thread  Reply