What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1592 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-06-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Interesting notes. The old plugs (NGK LZTR5AIX-13 ) were still ok, so they went into boxes in case I ever need a spare. With the new plugs (NGK PLZTR5A-13) & leads, I am getting some radio interference. Not a lot, only when the head unit is on FM and in certain places. It seems to correlate with locations that the radio signal would be attenuated by geography. ie. I can count on hearing it at the bottom of the street where It's the bottom of a steep valley here, but it's gone at the top of the street.

On the other hand, my fuel economy seems to have improved by at least 1L/100km so far, though the jury's still out. No change to driving style. Local driving would normally see the gauge indicate ~14.5-15.5L/100km, but it's currently down to 14.0 and still falling, in the usual stop/start local driving.
New spark plugs will go a long way to improving performance and fuel economy, as will cleaning and re gapping old plugs in good condition. A quick clean of the throttle body is often a good idea at the same time.
Old 02-06-2022
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjeep1 View Post
You could possibly buy 3X JKs for the price of a new JL for a very similar wrangler experience.
I wouldn't go that far, I had my JK for 5 years (and loved every moment of it). I was then given a JL as a loan vehicle while getting some work done on my Grand Cherokee. The JL is a much better Wrangler to live with as a daily driver than the JK ever was in much the same way as my JK was over my TJ.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 29-06-2022
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default new....ummm...everything?

The recent flood rain finally put to pasture my 13 year old soft top canopy (black soft top pictured) so I bought a new retro looking tan bestop trektop pro and, once the seal was cracked on the credit card there was really no stopping me.

So here she is, new retro tan soft-top/hard-top hybrid with sunroof and glass windows all round, heavy duty rugged ridge hinges to support the new rockstar engineering fold out bbq table installed into the tail gate, “over tyre” bestop roof rack, angry bird head light covers and ”jeep star” brake light covers all finished off with new matching tan seat covers (not pictured, the seats have to be steam cleaned first).

With thanks to the little one and his friend for helping out with a few stickers ��

WHAT A WEEKEND!

I have to give a special shout out to Race Bolts Brisbane (http://racebolts.com.au) who helped me out with super strong titanium bolts for all the crap hanging off my tail gate and to Footo Motors Sumner Park who keeps my old jeep running like new

Old 30-06-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 619 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
I wouldn't go that far, I had my JK for 5 years (and loved every moment of it). I was then given a JL as a loan vehicle while getting some work done on my Grand Cherokee. The JL is a much better Wrangler to live with as a daily driver than the JK ever was in much the same way as my JK was over my TJ.
Very true, I have the luxury of driving a number of new vehicles around from time to time and have to say many new ones are sensational to drive along with all the tech that goes with them.

However, longevity is another factor all together.

We still see 1999 TJ’s on the road. And many of us can (99% of the time) fix them ourselves.

We still see 2007 JK’s. And again quite DIY fixable and easy to modify.

I wonder if we will see JL’s still on the road that long?
Old 09-01-2023
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Installed brand new 255/70 R18 tyres on my Wrangler and I'm going offroading this weekend West of Sidney. So excited.
Old 10-01-2023
SwampDigger

Liked 538 Times in 397 Posts

Which ones did you go with?
Old 20-01-2023
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Installed a pair of STEDI 7" Iris Chrome LED headlights today took me most of the day not 2hrs I had planned....stop start for rain, rewiring the existing park lights to run the DRL circumference LEDs, had to pop rivet headlight ring holder back together as spot welds broke upon removing & removing airbox & horn on R & L side respectively to get access to wiring on 2015.
Nice even spread, proper cut off for RHD Oz market, much more modern looking and the high beam range is amazing!
I used a Vgate OBII Wifi adaptor and JScan app on iOS to turn on LED and HID settings in the ECU, no flickering or dash warning but was only a 5min drive. I should not need the h4 Canbus cancellation module with the JScan changes to the ECU.

Last edited by Monyx; 20-01-2023 at 07:49 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply