What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2037 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs18s View Post
Took the bash plate off and found this. I am thinking something is wrong ?
Any idea on how it is meant to look???Attachment 70305
Yes it is my bottom radiator hose.
I give up, what's meant to be the problem? All looks normal to me..

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 30-12-2014
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts

Sorry, that little tab thing, I am thinking it might have the timing marks on it is bent and pocking into the radiator hose.
Old 30-12-2014
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
I give up, what's meant to be the problem? All looks normal to me..
I was gonna say the same thing. But I have been wrong in the past so just in case I said nothing as I didn't want to embarrass myself again.

Regards A
Old 30-12-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 220 Times in 136 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard buttocks View Post
Its actually the lock mechanism that sticks
Not the actuators
If you spray a decent amount of wd40 into the lock mechanism they free up easily
I've been putting this off for the past year because I couldn't be bothered pulling all the door trims off. I'll be out there tonight once the girls go to sleep.
Old 30-12-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs18s View Post
Sorry, that little tab thing, I am thinking it might have the timing marks on it is bent and pocking into the radiator hose.
That's normal, it's to hold the hose away from the belt....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 30-12-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 24 Times in 16 Posts

This is what I meant.
Ok JJ, but the corner of the tab is about to punch a hole into the hose, So I thought maybe it had been bent or something, So I will just bend it into a different position. Cheers mate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bottom hose.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	70306

Last edited by ajs18s; 30-12-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 30-12-2014
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Really happy that your knocking was a pretty simple fix Rastus. I always Loctite mine in as there isn't a lot of thread on them. Previous owner might have had them off and never loctited them in.

On another note fairly productive day again for me. After just finishing the interior clean, because I noticed some missed spots today and refitting the seats I decided to start removing some bit off the wreck that I want to keep. Managed to get the steering box off. Then thought well that was fairly straight forward might as well pull mine off so I can do the swap this weekend. Did all that and gave the new box a lick of paint. Mine had done over 300k and had a weep at the rear shaft seal. Plus mine hadn't been serviced in five years and at one point had DX 3 put in it because I didn't know about AJOR and I saw on the net it was ok to do this. The one off the donor had no visible leaks. Although it appears someone has used tranny fluid in it as it was red and smelt like tranny fluid. Managed to get it pretty well all out and have it draining trying to see if anymore drips out. Have it a few good pumps with the pitman arm and had some black oil come out after all the red stuff came out. I might try and funnel in some new Mopar PS fluid and try to pump it out. Just to see if I can get it any cleaner inside. Also fixed my indicator problem by swapping the switch from the wreck.

Regards A