How many km have you gotten ? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-09-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Mine '03 2.7 crd has allready 310.000 kms on the clock.
Besides the typical maintenance spare parts being changed whenever needed, had also to deal with:

-starter/flywheel
-black death/injector seals
-shot pulleys/tensioner
-busted high pressure steering hydraulic hoses from pump to fan
-shot tranny mounts
-new water pump
-front axle bearings
-ball joints
-ignition switch
-heater clutch bearings and coil
-front/back axleshaft rubber boots
-front axle housing bearings
-at 305.000kms partially rebuild high pressure diesel pump (only the O-ring seals, some 10 or 12 of them, as well the three head gaskets).

[Ps: If the lousy merc engineering bust my balls a litlle more, I'll ditch the 5-banger piece of crap and the hysterical tranny, and I'll put a Cat 3208 with an Allison...]

Last edited by Tpap; 19-09-2016 at 11:03 PM.
Old 20-09-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nudibranches View Post
I've had to replace the HP fuel pump (not nearly as expensive as I was fearing), the starter motor and the front drive shaft.
Did you replace the drive shaft with an aftermarket one? Just wondering if you need a longer one with the disconnects.

Mine's at 238,000km and has had the following done recently:
- New PCM, SKIM, door lock, keys - Old PCM repeatedly filled with water
- New water pump and pulleys - old water pump was weeping, pulleys as maintenance
- Injector seals - black death on #5 injector
- Injectors serviced while the injectors were out - preventative maintenance
- O rings on fuel lines, plastic t piece on return fuel line and fuel filter - bubbles in fuel lines
- CV joint on front drive shaft (transfer case end) - old one was noisy because of water/dirt ingress and a split boot

I've added a provent and will add fuel pre-filter as preventative measures. Currently testing a DPChip to see what the hate/hype is about. Mine's got 2" lift and is used as my daily driver, tourer, and to pull a caravan around.
Old 02-10-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

04 2.7 WJ CRD

180k.

Under the hood...wont mention the rest.

- Injector seals
- Fuel lines + all o rings
- Alternator
- Glow plugs
- Heat transfer unit (sludge in coolant) + coolant new tank
- Steering Box
- Battery * 2
- Power sterring hoses (resoldering required)

She's going well.

Cheers
Chumby

Last edited by Chumby; 02-10-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 15-10-2016
Established Member

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

99 wj 4.0L petrol 335,000kms. done the water pump, tensioner pulley, put a relay and switch for the thermo fan on the dash instead of the switch under the headlight, machined the discs and i put a genuine crank sensor in it after it missed a few times but nothing else i can think of except for regular maintenance. still runs like a dream and ready to take it on another big trip, its been to rainbow beach a few times, fraser island and to the snowy mountains.

Last edited by mopar madness; 15-10-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Old 15-10-2016
Established Member

Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts

sorry done the front drive shaft also it was cheap i think around $100. probably could have got more km's out of it but i replaced it anyway.

Last edited by mopar madness; 15-10-2016 at 10:45 PM.
Old 15-10-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The WJ 2.7 crd in our Jeep family has 290000 km with some stuff been done as required, front axle cv joints, transfer case to front axle drive shaft replacement, front diff bearings, rear stabilizer bar bushes, shock absorbers, injector seals, engine oil heat exchanger twice, belt idlers, transmission shift solenoids. It's been a nice car, my dad loves it.
Current issue is soft or worn out engine mounts and we can't seem to find aftermarket replacements for the crd engine, does anyone know who supplies them please?
Old 16-10-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

Suggestion... how much has been spent on these repairs/maintenance items? This is really useful info since I am thinking of changing the JKU to a GC soon. Sounds like whatever can go wrong will go wrong.
Post New Thread  Reply