Grand cherokee (WK) pics share them - Page 133 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2023
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldWk2 View Post
Thanks for that been looking at the Uneek one as well as the Chief Products one. Did you have to cut the skid plates that came on the Ironman Bullbar? if so any tips. Have you got an instagram or a facebook page for your Jeep? Might be easier to message on there.

You need to cut into the skid plate. I had mine fitted as I couldn't have been bothered doing it myself. I built 2 wranglers before this one and didn't want to do it again.

No facebook page, I was on instagram but haven't been active for a long time now.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 09-08-2023
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post

You need to cut into the skid plate. I had mine fitted as I couldn't have been bothered doing it myself. I built 2 wranglers before this one and didn't want to do it again.

No facebook page, I was on instagram but haven't been active for a long time now.
Ahhh gotchya that's a fair point 😂. Are you able to provide some more pictures of the actual areas they cut would like to get a rough idea of the lines and angles they followed. It's rare to see these ironman bars around and tbh might be biased but one of the best looking bars around imo.
iDrive

Last edited by GoldWk2; 09-08-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2023
AJOR Bronze

Quote:
Ahhh gotchya that's a fair point 😂. Are you able to provide some more pictures of the actual areas they cut would like to get a rough idea of the lines and angles they followed. It's rare to see these ironman bars around and tbh might be biased but one of the best looking bars around imo.
No worries, I'll try and get some pics for you on the weekend. It's only thin material there so a multi-tool or cut off tool would cut through it easily. Maybe just some pinchweld U seal over the cuts to keep it looking good.

Old 11-08-2023
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanook View Post
No worries, I'll try and get some pics for you on the weekend. It's only thin material there so a multi-tool or cut off tool would cut through it easily. Maybe just some pinchweld U seal over the cuts to keep it looking good.
Thanks mate much appreciated!
iDrive
Old 15-08-2023
AJOR Bronze

Quote:
Thanks mate much appreciated!
Hopefully this will help.

Last edited by Nanook; 15-08-2023 at 07:37 AM.
Old 27-08-2023
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Check out my Ride(s)

Thank you! Very much appreciated!
iDrive
Old 26-11-2023
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

First offroad trip with my 2012 Overland 3.0CRD I've had since new (it's done over 250K) and after a raft of maintenance work and essential ad-ons and accessories over the last 6 months, 95% done myself, I headed off for a windsurfing and camping trip to Shark Bay for the last 2 weeks. Had a great trip and the Jeep performed admirably through over 100k's of the unforgiving deep sand and corrugations on the trails of the Francois Peron National Park as well as a few beach runs. I have to admit I was nervous, not because I doubted it's capabilities but fearful of the joy I'd give to other 4WD owners if my return trip was on a flat-bed truck! Already planning another trip for 24! (1st and last pics are before and after)
Bottle BayHeading north to Cape Peron - this is one of the better quality roads[/img]Herald Bight - beautiful shallow waters hold huge numbers of whiting - in the 1930's a whiting cannery existed here. The beach is OK to drive on but the track onto the beach is pretty challengingCamping at Bottle Bay was awesome. Most spots had a short walk to the beach and there are ample clean drop toilets - just have to bring in and take out everything else.Other than needing a good wash and maybe copping some scratches down the sides, came home as good as it left. Averaged 13.5L/100k's on the open road which is not bad considering the drag from the stuff on the roofrack.

Last edited by PKWK; 26-11-2023 at 03:26 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply