Southern Peninsula Jeepers - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > RumourMil
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-09-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexytj View Post
******** is all about action and has a very complicated and strict criteria that all members must meet this criteria which must remain a seceret is the basis
of ********,s success .

considering we have had MANY mjoc members apply for membership with only a select few meeting the criteria it goes to show that my previous statements are living proof that all the pollitical crap ie membereship fees , insurance , registering trips , driver training etc outs people off .

I guess that is one of the differences with a proper formed club than a group of mates wheeling together.

One allows only for a certain type of person/vehicle/attitude (whatever the secret, complicated and strict criteria is) and the other allows members of all types to join and enjoy the benefits.

All power to you ******** boys, you seem to have a ball which is great. But your negativity towards MJOC is not only overbearing but a little frustrating.

I understand you don't want to join MJOC or perhaps any club of its nature, but perhaps leave the denegrating comments or negative inferences out of your posts and just focus on your own stuff.
Old 30-09-2009
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hi new2jeep i was not being overbearing or demeaning towards mjoc i was just pointing out that if this venture was run as a social group for all jeepers it may have been more successful as it would have appealed to a wider demograhpic of people instead of just those that are in a club .
Old 30-09-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Fair enough Flex.

My fear for anyone running something like this as a social club or group is legal protection - especially these days with all the blood sucking leeches about. At least with a club such as MJOC at least you know insurance is there and there is a level of protection afforded because of this.

If you just head out with mates, then that probably isn't an issue but I don't have a lot of mates with 4x4's and the ones that do generally see the missus dropping the kids to school and can't risk scratching it.

I look at AJOR and most other states seems to have a pretty active trip listing and I thought that would be the case here, however for whatever reason, Victoria never seems to have trips listed with any regularity - whether that is apathy or the strength and dominance of MJOC and your group ********, I don't know.

I certainly understand your taste for wheeling with mates, however for those of us who are newbies to the game, organised clubs offers significant protection on a trip, with no pressure to do certain grade of tracks, the certainty that the club would get home (one way or another) and not leave you stranded behind, and the training provided was certainly excellent with MJOC (though I'm sure it varies depending on the clubs). Not only educational but also bloody good fun.

I respect your view is different mine, however there does seem to be a common line through the ******** group having a crack at the organised clubs - with MJOC seeming to be the focus.
Old 01-10-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thank you Newtojeep, a well put comment. jeepin with your mates sounds cool to me to, but secret critera is a worry to me. I am a club man as I like the transparent and open makeup.
******** (what ever it stands for) go and set up a Mornington area setup of your own and please leave club members alone.
Old 01-10-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexytj View Post
hi new2jeep i was not being overbearing or demeaning towards mjoc i was just pointing out that if this venture was run as a social group for all jeepers it may have been more successful as it would have appealed to a wider demograhpic of people instead of just those that are in a club .
No disrespect to you mate, but you were not at the very first planning meeting where all avenues where discussed, but it was agreed that a stand alone SOCIAL GROUP would not be a positive move for all concerned, and with the lack of people at the meeting, mostly being non members of any club - it was one dud show I tell you with the main shite stirrers pulling their heads in. So for F*ck sake let the issue go.

Last edited by Lushy; 01-10-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-10-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Owe is me I need a bex and some sleep

Owe why do I take the bait??

Infact non members were going to be welcome to the meetings but if they wished attend a trip they would have needed to have done a basic driving course in the past and if not do a course or join a club and do some basic training of some sort and come along as a guest. Pretty open affair to me! NO MENTION OF MJOC at all, but no, some just jumped to the conclussion that one would have to join MJOC at the time.

But my part of the deal is OFF as I dont care and am happy to run my own trips with the club.

Last edited by Lushy; 01-10-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply