Rainbow Beach - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
The freshwater track is the usual pretty hard easy run, you can only get off the leisha track at the lowest of tides as the water is most times right up to the exit, the rocks are pretty well covered with sand at the moment, this is what we experienced early september.
On the 07/10/2007 low was at 11:15 and there was at least 6 metres of beach directly at the end of the liesha track. I estimate that for up to two hours either side of low, access both west and east would be possible.
The rocks at Rainbow (mudlo) are mainly under the sand, but, there are some exposed isolated rocks that would catch you out if you had to travel through the water at high tide.

cheers
Old 08-10-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I was up there 13th of Sept, and we had to go Freshwater Track as we were told by the Ranger that the Leisha track was not passable.

Rocks were exposed from outside of Surf Lifesaving Club all the way to and past Mudlo. Some were able to get through but most were rock hopping. Very low tide might be ok.

Is jeepless.

Now has a Prado and thinks no one will talk to him now :p
Old 08-10-2007
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ 98 View Post
Yeah, I was up there 13th of Sept, and we had to go Freshwater Track as we were told by the Ranger that the Leisha track was not passable.

Rocks were exposed from outside of Surf Lifesaving Club all the way to and past Mudlo. Some were able to get through but most were rock hopping. Very low tide might be ok.
Yeah, we were up there the same weekend, the "boardwalk" at the rainbow end of the leisha track was destroyed by the storms a week or so before.

Now, it is repaired and totally usable, I was suprised that we could get through, but it was as though nothing had changed - good as new.

The rocks at rainbow were pretty much non existant. There are a number of fairly large rocks partialy exposed from middle rock to Rainbow, but easy to see and get around.

As you know, the beach changes all the time so care is always required. This weekend it was like the good old days, nice flat, hard sand all the way to the track, across to rainbow, up to the point, into rainbow for some lunch, and back to the beach via the Freshwater track. Hope it stays like this!
Old 13-10-2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Had a glorious time in Rainbow Beach today. The weather was just fantastic and the beach was firm and very easy to drive. That is easy except for the challenger, Jackaroo and cruiser that got bogged on the approach to the Leisha track! My poor little 13 year old XJ just zoomed past them, yep, Jeeps love the beach!
Old 14-10-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahh, i love it. imagine their thoughts... good to see the tracks are back on the mend. sunny coast boys will be happy to hear about this for this coming weekend.

Is jeepless.

Now has a Prado and thinks no one will talk to him now :p
Post New Thread  Reply