What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1223 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals-JK View Post
what make are those? and do they come in a choice of length to suit different lifts?
Firestone bags from Airide in Victoria. I got them thru Ebay, $275 delivered. As Seacoms says, you need to tell them your size so they can match. I did get a set from the States and they were way out, much cheaper but not going to fit mine ever.
Old 05-10-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roady View Post
Well I finished fitting the airbags in today, neat job n no leaks. Hook the Jayco up in 2 weeks n try them out.
Ur arb rear links look funny with that plastic bit still on..
Old 05-10-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisadu View Post
Ur arb rear links look funny with that plastic bit still on..
Not from ARB, n their dust protectors for the joints...

Last edited by Roady; 05-10-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-10-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

I fitted up the Smittybilt rear bumper and tyre carrier today....took most of the day to do......still have a couple of electirical things to sort tomorrow.
Supplied by Trax, at an excellent price. The bar itself went on without a problem.

Couple of things I noted....
1. Clean all the powdercoating off the carrier hinge point.
2. Prefit the carrier hinge pin...mine required a little hand fitting for proper fit.
3. The rubber snubbers are rubbish, mine didn't even outlast the adjustment process. They now supply two (obviously one wasn't up to it), but the rubber just broke where it goes through the bumper. I used the two holes and fitted Rivnuts....I'll be screwing a rubber block to the bumper at this location instead.
4. I modified my carrier to allow the plate to be clearly read......VHT Wrinkle Satin Black, and a heat gun, does an excellent job of matching the factory wrinkle finish.
5. There is enough room between the carrier and the bumper to run the wiring underneath the jerry can holders....see the pics, its nice and neat.
6. The cam wheel that provides adjustment wouldn't clear one of the locking bolt holes.....so I had to file a section out of one of the square holes to fit the locking bolt.

Old 06-10-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Brakes

Bad rotor wobble made me do it. Got me some slotted and dimpled rotors with new titanium striped brake pads. Red glossed the lot. Oh yah! Looks awesome in my opinion.

Produced by space moneys orbiting planet earth on unicycles.

Sent from space monkeys controlling our satellites! [emoji38]
Old 06-10-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
Talking

3" Lift complete - Teraflex coils with added 3/4" coil spacers in the rear, Bilstein 5100, Tera rear trackbar relocation bracket, Synergy Adjustable front trackbar.
Waiting on AEV geo brackets from Jeepkonection...
Also hardtop off and cargo net on

Also installed rugged ridge exhaust spacer - Yet to test if driveshaft clears the exhaust at flex...hopefully does

Old 06-10-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 97 Times in 31 Posts

Moved a bit more stuff from the JK to the JKU

Seat covers and Rugged Ridge pillar pod.

MSA seat cover got a warn no soapy wash before going in and came up as clean as new.

I also ordered the Sharpwrax upgrade kit for going from a JK soft-top fitting to a JKU hardtop fitting, kit comprised of longer middle bars for the rack and the hardtop mounting kit, install took about 30mins all up and I was very impressed with how well the fitting went.

Also fitted my Rugged Ridge bonnet clamps.

Red JKU, AEV Front & Rear Bar, AEV 2.5 XT Lift.
TJM Winch, Sharpwrax Super Spoiler.
Post New Thread  Reply