MUST READ: Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-01-2017
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,173 Times in 708 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default MUST READ: Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia

Consumer warning about Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia / James Bartlett

This announcement is for:

ConsumerMotor industry

Consumer Protection has issued a warning about a Perth business selling Jeep parts and accessories which takes money from consumers but in many cases fails to deliver.

A total of 24 complaints have been received against Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia and owner James Alan Bartlett from consumers around Australia who have ordered parts online but didn’t receive the goods. Nine complaints remain outstanding where consumers who have paid a total of $11,230 have either not received their goods or a refund.

Although the business operates an accessories shop in Yangebup, the complaints relate to online orders made via the website aftermarketjeep

Acting Commissioner for Consumer Protection David Hillyard said Mr Bartlett has so far not cooperated with attempts to resolve the outstanding complaints.

“Consumer law states that goods must be supplied within a reasonable time and traders must not accept payments for goods and then fail to deliver,” Mr Hillyard said.

“Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia has taken a substantial amount of money from consumers who have not received their goods, and Mr Bartlett has so far failed to fulfil his promises to refund their money.

“Until the remaining complaints are resolved and we can be assured that orders placed on the website will result in the goods being delivered within a reasonable time, we caution consumers about using the website of this business to buy Jeep parts and accessories.”

Consumers who have had unsatisfactory dealings with Aftermarket Jeep Parts Australia and James Bartlett can contact Consumer Protection by email consumer@commerce.wa.gov.au or by calling 1300 30 40 54. General information about consumer rights is available on the Consumer Protection website www.commerce.wa.gov.au/cp.

Media contact (Consumer Protection)

www.ausjeepoffroad.com

Last edited by Jimmyb; 20-01-2017 at 07:44 PM.
Old 20-01-2017
I like stuff and things.

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 163 Times in 98 Posts

About bloody time!
Old 20-01-2017
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Only thing worse than a scumbag is a scumbag that steals from Jeepers...
Old 20-01-2017
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 67 Times in 40 Posts

He should be completely shut down and not allowed to be involved in any buisiness

2013 commando green JKU
Formally Commando Thunder
" Live everyday like its your last "
Old 21-01-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I must of been the only one that has had a good experience with this guy. I even had his stickers on the side of my JK. That was until I realised how he was ripping off everybody else then they soon were removed.

How he has managed to escape a consumer warning for so long is beyond me.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 15-02-2017

Liked 35 Times in 17 Posts
Default Got ripped off!

God I'm so disappointed. I had no idea this guy was ripping people off until today. I spent $1800 on Jan 28 2017 only to find out today that the WA Department of commerce had posted a notice warning about his practices. The money I gave him was for a front and rear bumper for my 4 door JK 2010 and I was sooo looking forward to getting them. I also order the side window weather shields and trail rated badge. I worked so hard to put that money together (2nd job as an Army Reservist) and now have nothing to show for it. Wish I had done more research beforehand but given his FB page seemed OK and there were no complaints I thought I'd give him a go. Lesson learnt but still doesn't take away the fact I have lost a lot of money.
Old 15-02-2017
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

The trail badges aren't original, they fade after a few washes from car lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Post New Thread  Reply