The new Rig - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JL Wrangler JT Gladiator Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-07-2022
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JL
Default The new Rig

Finally the new Rig is here. I love it. Adjusting to the road noise when driving, It's worst at around 80klm. Sounds like one window open slightly with the hum of the MT in the background. Other than that It is great.

I am having trouble finding tyres either in 285 75 r17 or 305 70 r17. anyone know where I can get a set of wildpeaks, nittos , razrs or bfg's in qld? Feel free to drop me a link. I have fitted some grab handles and a front hoop for light mounting and also have an amfib snorkel ready to go on. Need to get a backbone pioneer rack and a suspesion lift if I can find someone not booked out 4 months in advance or lacking the stock to complete the work!

Sucks having the funds to fit it out but not the parts or right fitters.
Old 02-08-2022
I just registered

Thanks for the reply. Yes it's new have had it offroad already under 400klm on the Odo ATM. I have it booked in for a suspension lift and rhino backbone pioneer rack. I'm going with the iron man foam cell shocks and upgrading the rest of the suspension as well. As for bigger tyres, I would like more height to stop bottoming out on trails. I have never liked the look of Jeeps with anything under a 33 on them. Just my aesthetic preference. I don't think I've owned a 4x4 that didn't have a lift and bigger tyres. They all performed better and towed more easily with upgraded suspensions. That size tyre being hard to find is definitely going to be an issue.
Old 02-08-2022
I just registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdingerslammer View Post
Yes well there goes about another $20K on the vehicle. How much was it from dealer if I can ask.

Re the Pioneer backbone roof rack system, I think that you won't be able to cary a lot of weight on it... about a tyre maybe and the torsional forces on the rack when wheeling etc my well crack/break your roof. Better to get one that attaches directly to the steel frame of the roll bar or to the chassis of the vehicle... much much stronger and able to carry more.
Thanks mate but I am aware of the cost of the upgrades I'm getting.

90K from dealer but I did get significant tax and GST deductions being a Veteran.

I'm torn on the rack and now considering changing to just bars instead of the rack. This being said storage is at a premium and if the rack can hold 100kg static, then all the heavy stuff goes in the rear and light stuff up top.
Post New Thread  Reply