New to JEEP. In the market for one. Hello - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-07-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New to JEEP. In the market for one. Hello

hey guys new member here coming from a French hatchback. After a "prang" with a Highway Patrol officer I hope that'll be back car-less and free soon enough.

Considering my hobbies and what not I'd love to see myself in a Wrangler. Doing some steady reading for the last few days sifting through many forums and so far I believe I'd like to see myself in a JK of some sort....

Looking forward to being apart of AJOR !

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Bee Sale-1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	68864
Old 23-07-2014
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Welcome aboard chiapoco

check your dealerships for what you are after, you might get a good deal on a run out model from last year. Wranglers are being sold almost as quickly as they can be built, but its always nice to see another on the road.
Old 24-07-2014
RubiconSlammer

Liked 74 Times in 52 Posts

Welcome mate, you need to remember that even though a Wrangler looks so much better that that.... thing, you will never get the comfort or power from it, apart from that do as NTR has suggested and if you have any questions ask away
Old 24-07-2014
Established Member

Liked 14 Times in 9 Posts

Welcome mate, I have just picked up my JKU and i love it yes its not as comftable as the grand and some of the other models but you will not get a more fun car i fell in love the moment my ass hit the seat.
Enjoy the search mate its all part of the fun and you have found the best forum the guys and girls here can help with anything you need.
Have fun
Old 26-07-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

cheers for the welcome guys. My cousin currently owns a MY11 JK unlimited sport and while he's kept it stock looks the ducks guts, as expected.. he's inlove with it

Fuel economy seems to be a reoccuring consideration most would be owners have as I'm reading up. is it really as bad as they say? hooning around in a 2L turbocharged 4 cylinder Megane of mine would yield something like 12-14L/100kms and I am completely fine with that. There's a bloke at work who does a lot of hunting and 4WD'ing and swears that the only option I should consider is a Diesel... Petrol variants he claims would bring something like 20+ litres for every 100kms quite regularly...

also.. don't think I'll be buying brand new. Budget is set at 15k or 20k at a stretch!
Old 26-07-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

As usual, the people who don't drive them are experts in their fuel consumption!

Mine is a 2010 petrol 2 door, when stock we used to average 10 - 11 L/100km on the freeway (the slower the freeway the better the economy due to the brick like aerodynamics). Around town we averaged 11 to 12.

Now it has 33's, 2.5in lift, front and rear steel bars, winch and is driven by my lead foot wife as her daily drive at the moment. She averages around 13.5 L/100 in the summer with the aircon on, and 12.5 in winter with it off. When I drive for some reason its a lot less than that.... We just did a trip from Noosa to Kyogle, around 400 km, with a mix of freeway and slow speed twisty windy bumpy mountain roads. Averaged 11.4 for the whole trip.

When towing (I tow a wind up Jayco Dove at around 1,100 kg) I average around 14 to 14.5 L/100. It has climbed to as high as 19.5 for a short time when trying to hold 90+ km/hr in 35knot headwinds with the van on the back.

And that the old 3.8L motor.

If you can afford a newer one with the 3.6 you would be getting up to another 2L/100 better again.

Good luck with your search! What are your hobbies that a Wrangler would suit? Oh, and welcome to the madness that is Jeep - be warned in advance though, it is an addiction....

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 26-07-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 26-07-2014
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ahhh I appreciate those figures immensely! Here I was thinking a Diesel (well out of my budget) was the only way!

I go the archery range during the weekend, haven't been for awhile. Snowboard with mates all the time during winter, really got into fishing at the start of this year and the eagerness is still very real - I'd like to transfer that into some kayak fishing when funds permit, I took surfing classes a couple of summers in a row but alas my trusty hot hatch couldnt fit a board neither was it roof rackable... so that hobby went out the door

I have no need for sat nav and reverse camera - so a 2 door petrol sport in white, black or yellow is the aim...

What year models could I find a 3.6L motor in?
Post New Thread  Reply