Short Tobacco Flats Trip - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2006
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Short Tobacco Flats Trip

I had been planning to go out to Toolangi Saturday with my mate and our sons when I rang him on thursday he said his brother in law and a few mates were camping up near Sheepyard Flat. After some careful negotiating with SWMBO we agreed to head up Friday night.

With a couple of pitstops for the kids and a fuel stop in Mansfield we managed to get in to their camp 1/2 an hour after dark .I had a little trouble puting up my new tent for the first time in the headlights after what seemed like an eternity I managed to get everythig sorted ,a steak cooking and a cold beer.

Saturday mornimg we head into the hills behind the camp and into the Alpine National Park my son commented that the tracks were pretty lame (whilst ignoring some breath taking scenery) untill we came upon what appeared to be a disused quary

and we had a bit of fun playing around with the loose rock and some pretty steep tracks before we headed back for lunch and a swim in the river .

After lunch Simon promised to show us the track he broken the engine mounts on his cruiser the previous day we cris-crossed the river half a dozen times to get to the start of it my mate decieded his GU wasn't up to the task and pulled over a couple of KM's in we continued on for another few km untill the track was blocked by by several trees with 40* temperatures it was too hot to break out the chain saw .It wasn't untill we were on the way back down I realised how steep it was .Unfornuately we had to head back to camp load up the jeep to head home.I managed to get back in time to cook the New Years Eve Barbie.
Old 02-01-2006
Original Mexican Mafia

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is a very popular spot for MJOC trips. Rob Sharpe has been out there a few times. Any Track names Kone?
Old 02-01-2006
Rock Munki

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Great area Krankieone

try down behind the bluff next time
cairn creek road
Brocks road
Heard King billy road and mitchells are both good (at both ends of area)

lots of creek crossings around along the jamieson river
Old 03-01-2006
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTREME JEEP
This is a very popular spot for MJOC trips. Rob Sharpe has been out there a few times. Any Track names Kone?
I think the one we went to in the afternoon was 3 chain road I'd want to get a better map before I go back again mine was useless