VIC Tracks - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Wheres the best spots to drive?
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2002
OG Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 76 Times in 42 Posts
Default VIC Tracks

Well I've been to Neerim, I love it up there as long as you get some decent rain and right near where I used to live and my parents house.

I've been to Toolangi which is always a bit of fun, but it's used a bit to much for me. There's a few places where they should look at some traffic lights so you don't run into the motorbikes.

Been to Gembrook, again always fun, especially with a few of those BIG bogholes which swallow Jeeps whole and come looking for more. And the buzz you get from thoses powerlines, MAN who needs Beer.

Any others around I should know about guys, I'm sure there is! :D
Old 20-07-2002
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default VIC Tracks

I agree.

Mud, rain, snow, tough country and more.

Gippsland has it all, as they say....
Old 23-07-2002
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default VIC Tracks

get yourselves down to ARB or a good bookshop and buy "Bush Tracks of Victoria" by Ron and Viv Moon.

Gives you 25 areas to go and play in and includes areas like toolangi, even drives you up rocky track and mentions the steps. Lots of trip notes and GPS points throughout and some really crappy pictures.

There are heaps of tracks and areas to give you inspiration, you get 104 pages for the bargain price of $20.

tell em I sent you.
but only so I can embarrass you when the guy behind the counter says "who"
Old 24-07-2002
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default VIC Tracks

Maybe we need a section on trip reports????
Day drive photos and a couple of downloadable videos.
For Victracks of course!

Hope I got this all OK for you.

ZJ & TJ Drive Day
Old 06-08-2004
Rock Munki

Default Re: VIC Tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEXX
Well I've been to Neerim, I love it up there as long as you get some decent rain and right near where I used to live and my parents house.

I've been to Toolangi which is always a bit of fun, but it's used a bit to much for me. There's a few places where they should look at some traffic lights so you don't run into the motorbikes.

Been to Gembrook, again always fun, especially with a few of those BIG bogholes which swallow Jeeps whole and come looking for more. And the buzz you get from thoses powerlines, MAN who needs Beer.

Any others around I should know about guys, I'm sure there is!
Neerim is hella cool espically when you get into the comp tracks I.e Youngs, sweet water, sunset and fence line
Old 21-09-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Out past Walhalla... Head into the deep creek area. There's a track in there that i did an ass-over-tit driving up the hill with a nissan patrol (excuse my blaspheming, talking about other vehicles) - it was steep enough to make the damn thing backward roll! Coolest thing I ever did! Especially since I was out there on my own, on a Tuesday. Anyway, I wasn't hurt much, so I walked out and met some guys with a grader on a major-ish road about a day's walk away from my wreck. All sorted. All insured.

There's lots of nice stuff out Walhalla way.
Old 21-09-2004
Rock Munki

sounds very nice, we had some fun in my uncle's nissan patrol on cementary track, just near walhalla.