What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 559 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2012

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep112 View Post
WHAAAA!!! your doing six stage impact????
Will need to see a trip report of that mate
Do you have rocksliders?
Yep, it's gonna be fun.......

No rock sliders, they're on their way from the states.

This is my wifes car, the bar is set pretty high for mods in our family

Old 02-09-2012
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sladey View Post
hi all, just starting out with the jk so here we go for the first little update

last few days finally got the rugged ridge rear bumper on, be nice if just one of the bolt holes lined up, lol. (licence plate relocation bracket with light is on its way) also put some new sickspeed gear knobs on (matching pair). much nicer to shift gears in. would not have thought it would make much difference.. perhaps its more to do with the shift knob now sitting a little higher, lastly i put some rampage locking hood latches on as i work nights in a shitty neighborhood, they are a nice fit, really happy with them, hope they don't gunk up

was an excuse to try the new camera and lens out, using it on manual and trying to dial in the focal point and other settings (sony alpha 55, 18mm lens) edit- and photobucket is obviously having a fit, coz i put these photos all to the same size but it wont stick.. meh

and if my wheels/tyres ever get here from the states i'll go get my lift done

Saldey - have you removed the factory rubbers that we're under the stock latches? Id say yes by the looks of it - you're going to rub some bare metal holes in your bonnet and guards quiker than you can say RUST !!
R
Stu
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 02-09-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi Stu
So what is the solution to this? i was looking at these Hood latches as well. I have already had my rubber latches replaced by Jeep with the new 2012 ones, firmer stiffer rubber, but my bonnet still flutters at a frightening rate on the highway when passing trucks. I frequently travel down the New England, so this is a BIG problem for me.
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Saldey - have you removed the factory rubbers that we're under the stock latches? Id say yes by the looks of it - you're going to rub some bare metal holes in your bonnet and guards quiker than you can say RUST !!
R
Stu
Old 02-09-2012
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jktom View Post
Hi Stu
So what is the solution to this? i was looking at these Hood latches as well. I have already had my rubber latches replaced by Jeep with the new 2012 ones, firmer stiffer rubber, but my bonnet still flutters at a frightening rate on the highway when passing trucks. I frequently travel down the New England, so this is a BIG problem for me.
Tom
Tom, i haven't done it, don't seem to get any flutter with the mopar hood lock, but if I did I would use Tychos suggestion of putting a large zip tie around the rubber strap. Do it when the latch is tight and then the zip tie becomes the limiting strap for movement. You still have the elastic tension but if the hood try's to lift the ziptie prevents additional movement.
Cheap and effective so long as its just flutter you want to prevent and security isn't a concern.
Matt
Old 02-09-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

The hood latches shown are a great idea and offer some security if you want - I was looking at them too. The only problem was the rubber isolator has been removed and needs to bee there as per the instructions.

As for me, just finished installing some 2.5in tapered SS Flexy springs and Bilstien 5100's. Very happy with the results but boy were those front ones tough to get in!! They were around 4 to 5 inches longer than the springs I pulled out, but resulted in exactly the same final height (around 600mm wheel centre to bottom lip of the guard)

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 02-09-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Really hate the hood flutter so I'm looking at a set of these as a budget fix:
http://www.doubleblackoffroad.com/Pr...r-Jeep-JK.aspx

Or if I go the whole hog maybe some of these:
http://www.sbroffroad.com.au/JK-Hood-Hold-Down

Anyone had any experience with either of these?
Old 02-09-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Vector Off Road - Exorack fitted

Its great having time to do stuff!
Fitted my Vector Off Road Exo Rack this morning.
Easy job but needed to do some work on the number plate mounting. It turned out I was able to (temporarily) use the old number plate mount that came with the Mopar tyre carrier.
Now comes the purchase of fuel containers and mounts!
It never stops!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	exo mounting.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	56626   Click image for larger version

Name:	exo fitted.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	56627   Click image for larger version

Name:	exo and plate.jpg