Jeeps Catching on Fire...Is it true.?? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i only know of you catching fire other than that .......

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 07-11-2008
StaunStar

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts

Fire dept looks upon all vehicle fires as suspicious. A lot are caused from bad wiring to the super cheap spotlights or some other DIY add on. etc etc.Fuse what are they?
Old 07-11-2008
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

only crap jeeps like jks and kjs seem to catch fire
Old 07-11-2008
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 39 Times in 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent red View Post
I agree who cares what anyone else thinks do what uwant lifes to short to worry about your car catching on fire!! lol Take a risk live alittle!!!!

exactly...

"Some people buy a Toyota, Some people buy a Nissan... I bought a Jeep. DEAL WITH IT!"

hey wasnt that last story about that JK on the beach on Today Tonight just some knob who didnt lower their tyre pressures??

Last edited by JRJ33P; 07-11-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2008

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

The Grand Cherokee which was featured on A Current Affair about 4 weeks ago did actually go up in smoke.

However, as usual, the media omitted to advise the viewing public that the owner had fitted a Hiclone to it in an attempt to get more oomph out of the motor - don't see the need as it was a 5.7 Hemi. Anyway, I have it from a reliable source that when the Hiclone was fitted the fuel line to the injector rail was rerouted with some non EFI fuel hose, which subsequently ruptured and sprayed onto the exhaust. End result, winding the window down and screaming "frying tonight".

I understand that the incident was investigated by Bradley Fitzsimons @ Chrysler Australia to confirm there were no manufacturing faults to necesitate a recall for the petrol WH V8's.

The usual standard of journalism.

Dave
Old 08-11-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just started a thread on this topic regarding the vechiles that have been recalled this year in Gereral Jeep chat (so itll probably be moved ha ha) it stated all the vehicle recalls in the couriermail some with faulty brakes some with fire hazzards and some that opened doors while driving but NO mention of Jeeps so i reckon as stated its just a beat up.
Old 08-11-2008
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahhh its always satisfying to listen to the bitterness of someone who wishes they had waited for the JK to be released and is now stuck with yesterdays Jeep and a desparate need to still feel they did the right thing.

The soft waves of jealousy from TJ drivers are soothing indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by azasjeep View Post
only crap jeeps like jks and kjs seem to catch fire

Just winding you up of course all Jeeps are good