WJ/WG front bars - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had the ARB bar fitted for just over a year now and can say that it has not contributed to any overheating.

My grand did run hot at one stage but it turned out that I just didn't wash the radiator out properly after a muddy run.

Go the ARB bar mate - no handling issues and tough as nails. Plus looks the absolute ducks too!
Old 05-12-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's my 'Bocar' / Mopar bar:

Recovery? Eyelet

Works fine for me, but wish I could get another recovery point on the front. Mine came with a weird heavy duty eylet, which you can only get for one side? Front hitch receiver ,as Turbomart has, would be ideal. If you are thinking winch, then ARB, but some have done a hitch receiver winch on the Mopar which involves cutting & welding.
Old 05-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Barfoot,Fitting hitch reciever is pretty simple or you could simply make copy of rhs recovery point for lhs.
Old 05-12-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ARB actualy make two different bars, or did at the time I bought mine four years ago, one has additional cooling, just found the ARB pics from a few years ago showing the two different bars, one has an addition opening in the bottom of the bar if you are woried about over heating in the older model. They say the later model with the hydraulic fan doesnt suffer over heating.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arbsteel.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	30036   Click image for larger version

Name:	ARBGCherokee.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	30037  
Old 06-12-2008
asp_777
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfoot View Post
Here's my 'Bocar' / Mopar bar:

Recovery? Eyelet

Works fine for me, but wish I could get another recovery point on the front. Mine came with a weird heavy duty eylet, which you can only get for one side? Front hitch receiver ,as Turbomart has, would be ideal. If you are thinking winch, then ARB, but some have done a hitch receiver winch on the Mopar which involves cutting & welding.
You can get both sides. I have the same genuine recovery hooks for Both sides! It came with one because it had the jeep alloy bar and I was able to get teh other side (about $60 odd dollars) from Jeep dealership. From memory they had to order it.
Old 06-12-2008
SwampDigger

Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Front on with hitch reciever inside Mopar b/bar.
2nd photo is poor cause its lifted from video.
1st photo is after I removed b/bar lower apron & replaced with flare rubber.Also shows newly fitted stainless bash plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Our WJ 004.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	30038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Movie morgan_0001pic.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	30039  

Last edited by turbomart; 06-12-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-12-2008
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomart View Post
Barfoot,Fitting hitch reciever is pretty simple or you could simply make copy of rhs recovery point for lhs.
Turbomart, once i look at your pics, a front hitch receiver doesn't look too involved, but I dont have the welding skills & equipment that you do(S/S relocation was brilliant by the way)....., but I do have a mate thats pretty cluey(plumber/firey) & has the gear. I'll show him your pics, & it might cost me case of 'Old', but worth it. If I go down that road, I may get some advice on how you have connected that 'cross-rail' bracket to the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asp_777 View Post
You can get both sides. I have the same genuine recovery hooks for Both sides! It came with one because it had the jeep alloy bar and I was able to get teh other side (about $60 odd dollars) from Jeep dealership. From memory they had to order it.
So asp, do you actually have my Eylet thing on the LHS under your bullbar, or do you have the Mopar hooks? Do you have a nudge bar or bullbar? I was under the impression the genuine Mopar 'hooks' don't fit with the bullbar. They don't hang low enough, as the bullbar is for Australia only. What dealer in Sydney did you get it from? My local Jeep dealer told me to trackdown Bocar! It definatley would be nice to equalise any front recoveries.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Barfoot; 10-12-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply