Big brake package - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-06-2006
LokRinger

Liked 1,754 Times in 556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Man I hope they can be made to fit without too much hassle.... Sounds like they will though right? right?

Cheers
Steve
For some reason PBR have put extra thickness there where they have not on the VT Commodore one they make which is nearly identical every where else? I tried to see if the VT caliper would slide on to the BA bracket but it just misses out as that would have worked out well. He was confident it could be easily made to fit but will wait until he has had a close look now that I have some rims to show him.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 22-06-2006
LokRinger

Just got back from the engineering place and showed the setup inside the wheel. It was even closer than I thought ( was hard to see in the dark last night ) and only missed seating on the rotor by a few millimeters. All calipers wil be sent out clearanced to fit even the stock rim.

My web site:
Old 22-06-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Brilliant news, is it too early to look at ordering or are they already expecting emails for the kit

Cheers
Steve
Old 22-06-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojeep
Dont think so as too much mucking around with the different handbrake cables between all the models. Easy enough to provide the adapters and bearing space rings and you could even source your own stock Ford caliper mounts and calipers from there I guess but you would need to modify your own handbrake cables. Easy enough as I found that using stock Ford ones and then having a new ends flanged on at a place that sells gym equipment works the best. I be doing that tomorrow for Danxj tomorrow as making up some new cables to go with my old rear disc conversion I sold to him for the D35.
I also found a new way of doing the D44 conversion that does not even require the pressing off of the old bearings. I will do write up on it when I get back from Africa at the end of August at the earliest.
Where can i get the adpters and bearing space rings is that from u or the engineering place and how much?
Old 22-06-2006
LokRinger

Well just got in from going around the block 6 times to bed the pads in. The rotors will take longer but don't have the time right now. And the verdict is: Worth it.
The pedal is so light and controlled and none of the dead pedal you feel with the old brakes. The stock setup had a similar feel to when too big a master cylinder is used but now it feels so nice and progressive. This will even get better as it all wears in too.

Will go well with my new Ford Falcon PBR rear brakes I made a kit for and fitted last week on my new D44.

The D44 is NOS for a MJ ( Cherokee ute ) that I got from the USA fitted with a Detriot locker, 4.56 gears and USA Alloy Cromo axle shafts.
Just fitted matching gears to the front last week with the Detriot Tru-Trac.

My web site:

Last edited by Gojeep; 22-06-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 22-06-2006
LokRinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve F
Brilliant news, is it too early to look at ordering or are they already expecting emails for the kit

Cheers
Steve
They will have 10 sets already to go out on Monday so order away.
competitionengineering@optusnet.com.au

The first batch is of 25 so more can be put together after that without much delay.

My web site:
Old 22-06-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Already sent an email to confirm pricing and availability (before your last post). I just need to confirm the hub on my XJ I guess and then I will order. Probably tomorrow if I get a chance to look at the hub tonight.

Looks like you've done another great job for us all and from a timing point of view it's perfect for me, just as I wa about to upgrade my rotors anyway

Cheers
Steve
Post New Thread  Reply