What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 982 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,572 Times in 4,352 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
Can I asked what you paid for it Hamsteh? EDIT: Also do you reckon that recovery points could be fitted to your's Hamsteh,; say if some 6mm plates were placed under each one on the underside of the top? Like what Steve F has done with his?

Regards A
A,
You can see the recovery points on that bar in the pic. They are the 2 bits that poke down below the front of it.
Old 10-01-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 12 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Unhappy

My diesel fuel injectors are leaking and the XJ aint going anywhere till the machanics are back from holdays
Old 10-01-2012
Head Honcho

Liked 1,174 Times in 709 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Dont forget to check out the Ausjeep Tee's and Stickers.

Follow this link to online store >> http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/demo

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 10-01-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb View Post
My diesel fuel injectors are leaking and the XJ aint going anywhere till the machanics are back from holdays
Where are they leaking from?
If its the return lines, its an easy fix. Replace them!
I have just used cheap fuel line once & it lasted about 2 years.
Old 10-01-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

I found over xmas the old girl was severely overheating towing my camper trailer which it hasn't done before, so I had swapped out the pump plus a new thermostat (192*f) and freash coolant after a system flush and I tested it yesterday and it overheated again but this time I only did about 20km before it occured so when I got home I disconnected my fans after the car had cooled and ran it up to almost 3/4 and thne reconnected the fans and found that it wouldn't bring the temp back down.
So this morning I swapped out the radiator and refilled it mostly with water as I have run out of coolant and tried the same test again and this time the temp would come back down once the fans were reconnected, not quickly but steadily but I seriously doubt that the coolant level is correct yet so we will see if that changes anything....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Old 10-01-2012
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglejuice View Post
I found over xmas the old girl was severely overheating towing my camper trailer which it hasn't done before, so I had swapped out the pump plus a new thermostat (192*f) and freash coolant after a system flush and I tested it yesterday and it overheated again but this time I only did about 20km before it occured so when I got home I disconnected my fans after the car had cooled and ran it up to almost 3/4 and thne reconnected the fans and found that it wouldn't bring the temp back down.
So this morning I swapped out the radiator and refilled it mostly with water as I have run out of coolant and tried the same test again and this time the temp would come back down once the fans were reconnected, not quickly but steadily but I seriously doubt that the coolant level is correct yet so we will see if that changes anything....
You may have a build up of mud in one of the tanks on the radiator, I had that happen on another car, it soon blocks some of the radiator. IIRC the radiator felt a bit heavier with the muck in it.
Old 10-01-2012
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,110 Times in 691 Posts

Could be but I have no way of telling as the radiator I took out was a copper/brass unit the one I fitted was a copper/plastic one....

Do it once, Do it right!

2014 WK2 Overland
Post New Thread  Reply