Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 336 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2019

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Anyone have any experience with kanati trail hogs?
They look the same as Goodyear duratracs only 160 odd bucks cheaper.
Got over 4 years and 70,000 from mine in 285/70r17. Proper worn out by then. Maybe $250 at the time. Have just put on 305/70r17 in the same $305 plus fitting. One took a bit to balance (they are 34”) but they’re a good budget tyre from my experience and measure up pretty true to diameter. Actual tread width is about 290. Fairly quiet for how aggressive they are for an AT.
Old 11-02-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 63 Times in 44 Posts

So it's that time again.

My 285/70/17 XMT buckshot (on stock rims) tyres are due for replacement and I'm wondering whether I should just buy four new tyres or suck it up like a man and spend some dollars on a package and run 35s.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm running a 2.5" teraflex lift kit on a 2dr 08 sport.
Old 12-02-2019
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Colonel View Post
So it's that time again.

My 285/70/17 XMT buckshot (on stock rims) tyres are due for replacement and I'm wondering whether I should just buy four new tyres or suck it up like a man and spend some dollars on a package and run 35s.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm running a 2.5" teraflex lift kit on a 2dr 08 sport.
Be a man.
Old 28-02-2019
AJOR Bronze

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I recently bought a set of 255/75/R17 BFG KO2 (all terrain /black side wall) for MY08 JK from tyresales.com.au for $330/ea

It appears tyresales.com is the only place have KO2 on this size. I checked with Jax and Bobjane, both don't have this size.

Goodyear wrangler no longer have that size available.
Old 02-06-2019
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all - bought my 2014 JK Overland a month ago and after about 15km on dirt one of my stock HT tyres decided not to play. Which means it's time to get 5 new tyres!!

I am down to the BFG KO2 or Coopers AT3 on the stock 18in wheels and will make a choice in the next couple of days on brand. But I'm struggling to find clear advice on what size I can get away with without a lift (it will come eventually but probably not for another year or so).

Therefore - can any of you awesome people advise whether I will have any rubbing issues with a 265/70r18 or would I need to go for a 265/65r18? My preference would be for the former providing there will be no rubbing.

Thanks

Ads

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Old 25-06-2019
Rubicon MOABs

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Im surprised there are no replies to this.

What have you ended up doing? I would expect 265/70r18 would be ok considering stock tyres are 255/70r18.
Old 17-07-2019
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dropped the factory 18s (it’s a 2018 Freedom Edition) for a set of 17x9 inch Tuff AT wheels. For tyres I have 275/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3.
Post New Thread  Reply