MonsterLights LightBar - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-07-2015
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default MonsterLights LightBar

Hey Jeepers

Yet another lightbar question......And yes Ive googled the S*#T out of it

Im about to purchase a LED lightbar and it will be mounted on my Uneek4x4 front bar.

Does anybody have any experience with MonsterLights?

The bar Im considering is this one:

http://www.monsterlights.com.au/ml200x.htm

Price is reasonable and at the top end of my budget. I'd love a Rigid Industries E2 Hyperspot combo (20") but the price is way above what I want to spend.

Opinions? Thoughts? Experience?

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Old 26-07-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 35 Times in 16 Posts

I've been reading and researching everything I can on light bars for probably 18 months now, asking a lot of the same questions I'm sure you have been—what I've learnt is the following.
- The early first generation of light bars were crap. The tech was emerging and they required four rows to make any decent light.
- The big name light manufacturers had the best bars first (duh).
- LEDs come in 3, 5 and 10w variants. The 10w variants seem to have have reached a point where they are the most cost and energy efficient at this point.
- the shape of the cone and lens have an impact on the light output and direction. All the lumens in the world won't go anywhere if they just scatter.
- Lux is more important than Lumens for a spotlight. I.E. how far down the road will your light go.

What I've concluded through all this is that some of the big names in lighting seem to be lagging behind a bit in terms of their offerings. I've been keeping an eye on a couple of Aussie LED brands, following on Facebook, reading reviews etc. Two in particular are 'SA LED Lighting' and 'Stedi'. After everything I've read/seen/watched I'm soon going to buy a 38", 200w (20x10w) single row bar from Stedi (for the roof).

That's what I've arrived on after looking for a long time. I hope my 2c helps a bit or maybe it just makes your decision all the more difficult! Bottom line, I think there's good value in looking outside the usual big names.
Old 27-07-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 186 Times in 124 Posts

Thanks for putting this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27-07-2015
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

That ml200x from monster lights looks good, any idea on the price?
Old 27-07-2015
TerraFlexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTRubicon View Post
That ml200x from monster lights looks good, any idea on the price?
I emailed them on the 15th and got a replay the next day. The ML200X, with wiring loom, was quoted at $499.

Matt
2013 WK2 3.0
CRDSTU Lift | Uneek BullBar | Mopar Skids
Old 27-07-2015
AJOR Gold

Liked 194 Times in 122 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looks even better with a price like that. Thanks for the quick reply
Old 28-07-2015

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have a monster light bar from about 4 years ago that came with wiring harness and its still going strong.. got a few other lights from them for my boat as well and they are all still cranking along.. my mate got a cheap bar and his radio whines due to the leds frequency but mine doesnt..
Post New Thread  Reply