Posting Pictures on AJOR .... a tutorial on how. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > AUSJEEP Updates and News
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts
Default Posting Pictures on AJOR .... a tutorial on how.

This is just a test post to see whether its all too confusing ... or even in the right section of AJOR ...

If you'se cant follow it ... I'll redo the photos or something.

So some quick feedback would be appreciated .... also, if someone has some other secrets on pic posting - make a comment and I'll include it in the process.

How to use AJOR to host and display your pics - will be in the next post.

Step One:

Prepare the photo...
Especially resize it ... 640 x 480 fits nice on the screen ... a gazillion by a bazillion megapix is annoying ..... coz I hate falling off my chair waving the mouse off the RHS end of the table trying to scroll across ...

Lots of free programmes to resize with - or you can use something flash like photoshop and do all sorts of stuff.

Common suggestion is also to blank/smudge your number plates AND anybody elses - in your photo .... as it might help prevent a knock on your door about your tyre sizes .... or something

Step Two:

If you have your pics on a website for storage ... posting is easy.

A/.. Simply highlight and copy, the photobucket/whatever url shortcut of your piccy .. Then return to the AJOR "post reply" window.

Step Three:

Using the AJOR facility.

A/.. Left click on the AJOR "insert image" icon indicated by the blue arrow
B/.. Delete and replace the highlighted letters in the pop up window by pasting the photobucket/whatever url shortcut into the box, as indicated by the red arrow,
C/.. Click on OK as indicated by the Yellow Arrow, and
D/.. Your piccy will be placed in your post ... wherever the cursor was when you stopped typing.
E/.. If need be - you can cut & paste the image entry to wherever you want in your post if you forgot to position the cursor where you wanted it previously.
F/.. Use the Preview Post button to check all is correct, and
G/.. Submit your post.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PicPosting01.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	46402  

Last edited by carvesdodo; 08-03-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-03-2011
No Winching

Liked 71 Times in 41 Posts

AJOR Pic Hosting ... or ... How to upload pics from your computer to AJOR.

Basically all you have to do .......

- is be in the "advanced" post mode,
- scroll down to the "manage attachments" button,
- click on it and follow the prompts,
- the pics will appear as clickable icons at the bottom of the post.

Step One:

Prepare the photo... Same ideas & thoughts as in the first post.
It also helps if you have your pics organised on your computer so they are easy to find.

Step Two: Getting Started on AJOR ...

A/.. Left Click on the "Post Reply" button (need to be in "Advanced" reply mode),
B/.. Scroll Down the page to the "Manage Attachments" button and Left Click on it ,
C/.. Left Click on a "Browse" button once the "Manage Attachments" window has opened,

D/.. When the browser window opens .... Select the pic file you want from your computer files.
..... If you cant remember the file name ... select the thumbnail display,
..... Two images look the same are in the file Im using ... One image is huge ... the second is 640x480
E/.. Once you have selected the required pic/pics .. Left Click on the "Upload" button
F/.. Close the window when the upload is complete.

Step Three: Preview the post ...

A/.. Under your message will be a set of thumbnails that once clicked ... AFTER YOU HAVE SAVED YOUR POST ... will open the picture.

Step Four: Making the pics full size in your post ... Right Click on the thumbnail displayed in the preview,

A/.. Select "Copy Shortcut",
B/.. Use the "Insert Image" button as in the first post but paste the thumbnail shortcut in there,
C/.. Previewing the post will display the pic instead of the text url
D/.. If the pic is where you want it ... Save the post.

If you managed to get through all that ... and it worked for you ...

Congrats ... You now know how to post pics on any vbulletin forum ... e.g. JeepForum etc.

Again ... if this was a bit confusing ... say so ...

... and I'll see if it can be laid out better.

Last edited by carvesdodo; 10-03-2011 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-01-2012
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

how come some peoples pictures come up as thumbnails like mine, and some just come up as images on the actual post?
Old 04-01-2012
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oecub View Post
how come some peoples pictures come up as thumbnails like mine, and some just come up as images on the actual post?
thats explained in Carves second post...if you "manage a file" then its a thumbnail...if you "insert a pic" then it is desplayed in the post.

Carves thats a great post and very clear for me.

Matt
Old 04-01-2012
Established Member

Liked 36 Times in 19 Posts

ya lost me at step A , ...
Old 29-12-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the nice post and happy new year to all...