brake controller mount wk2 - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeepster View Post
The switch itself is about 1.5" long & will need to go through the reinforcement panel as well if you pop the panel off near the apillar you will see what I mean when you disengage the knee knocker top along the top edge it's an easy job
Thanks ozjeepster. I think I might get a pro like you to do it. Don't want to stuff it up. I've passed this info onto the guys at Opposite Lock to get it fitted up for me. Should have it installed later next week.
Old 05-03-2013
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 15 Times in 7 Posts

I mounted mine in the center console!

Old 16-03-2013
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I fitted my P3 in centre consol just as Vinesh87 has.
It is out of site for the 95% of the time i am not towing and only one hole at the very rear of the pocket.
I used 3M Ultra High Strength double sided tape to hold it to the plastic insert. (i removed the rubber mat first).
All wires feed neatly from the battery to the unit and then under the carpet out through the spare wheel well to the 7 pin socket.
Do not listen to others recommending a non propotional unit, they are simply not as effective or safe in my opinion.
I have used both the P2 and now the P3 and never have I had a "braking momment". The P3 has essentuallty the same braking sensor as the P2 but the controls are all on the front plus it tells you the voltage and current draw from your brakes, which is great for identifying caravan brake problems of a loose wire on one of the magents.
Old 05-06-2017
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Latest info fro Redarc Advert

When towing a caravan or trailer it’s not so much the going that’s important. It’s the stopping!
REDARC’s next generation Tow-Pro Elite Electronic Brake Controller sets the benchmark in trailer braking. No other electric trailer brake controller on the market can match Tow-Pro Elite.
Simple to install and operate, it continues to be the
only brake controller to offer two types of braking... automatic mode (inertia or proportional braking) for highway conditions and user-controlled mode for off-road.
Suitable for 12 or 24 volt systems, Tow-Pro Elite will operate both electric and electric/hydraulic trailer-brakes.
Old 05-06-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Got a picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinesh87 View Post
I mounted mine in the center console!

Got a picture please
Old 06-06-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Redarc is the only brake controller the auto electrician who fitted mine will use, I just set mine on automatic mode and it adjusts the braking to suit the amount of braking one applies to the vehicle.

He only fits them next to the headlight switch he reckons it's easier to fit them there.
Old 06-06-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Done deal for me, now to get the brake wire loom for the Jeep from someone, bit more reading, fitted out 3 grands with P2/3 controllers, the last WK1 Limited was a pain in the butt to get power from the brake pedal I'm sure the will be worse.