What did you do to your WH/XH today? - Page 82 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-02-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

I spent the weekend fitting a Titan Drawer system I purchased from the 4wd Supacentre a few weeks ago. It was the one suited for a Prado or small wagons.

It fitted my WH very well only had to make some small adjustment, the top was 25mm too long so cut it by the 25mm and as it fitted by this much over the drawers no major issue.

The wings needed cutting/moulding around the sides...very happy with the fit.
Old 27-02-2017
No Winching

Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
I spent the weekend fitting a Titan Drawer system I purchased from the 4wd Supacentre a few weeks ago. It was the one suited for a Prado or small wagons.

It fitted my WH very well only had to make some small adjustment, the top was 25mm too long so cut it by the 25mm and as it fitted by this much over the drawers no major issue.

The wings needed cutting/moulding around the sides...very happy with the fit.
Looks good, can you still get to the spare wheel winch.
Old 27-02-2017
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post

The wings needed cutting/moulding around the sides...very happy with the fit
Been contemplating the same draws, being the short ass I am do you think it would be possible to remove the left hand draw & fit the fridge slide in its place (at floor height)?
Old 27-02-2017
CrawlerStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
Looks good, can you still get to the spare wheel winch.
Yes I can, the base or frame is 70mm off the floor ....the system needs to be off the floor otherwise the drawers will not slide out and you do need to cut a bit off the rear opening anyway.

I did some testing with a small ratchet socket, I have a handle from a jack I had and it is easy too. I have no problems getting my hand under the space, I found winding the winch wasn't too difficult...but someone with bigger hands would find it a bit awkward.

However the simplest way is to take one of the drawers out there's a enough space then and the framework doesn't cause too much of a problem.

If the drawers were loaded one would need to be unloaded of course...but how often does one get a flat..... I guess no more difficult if the tyre was stored under the floor and the back is loaded with gear.

When I had my WG I stored the spare up on the roof rack and that would be an option here.

Old 27-02-2017
CrawlerStar

The frame is bolted together, but I think you'd have difficulty with the centre frame. Before I decided to purchase it I went to the Superstore in Brendale Qld and they had one set up in the rear of a Patrol which I had a good look at to do some measurements and worked out I could fit it to the WH.

A lot of people are using the Prado one to fit them sideways in the rear of their utes, traybacks with canopies etc. but I haven't seen any that have been resized etc

If I were you if you have a Superstore near you go and have a look I'm sure they will have one on display....will give you some ideas anyway

Before I fitted the drawers I had a false floor which was about the same height and my wife used a portable caravan step to get to the fridge on the slide.

You could use one of those drop slides and fit it to the sliding frame you may get too much height if you bolted it to the slide floor although it would depend on the height of your fridge. I have a 60l Evakool height's fine but I need to lay the rear seat down for the length when I have it on board...I needed to do that with the false floor anyway.

Hope this helps.
Old 27-02-2017
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts

Installed some front recovery points on the weekend

Old 20-03-2017
Established Member

Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

Selling my WH CRD Laredo
$10,000 firm.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=147978

Last edited by Clarky; 20-03-2017 at 05:44 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply