JK: Hunty's Jeep - Page 31 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-11-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 13 Posts
Smile DBoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiebulldust View Post
where did you get the A pillar guage trim. I need one too.
Hey Aussiebulldust
Give the guys at Double Black off Road a call - Billy will look after you in regard to an A pillar gauge pod!
cheers Hunty
Old 22-11-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 126 Times in 88 Posts

I have seen this done before Hunty, but can't remembere where, it basicaly slides out and when it gets half way it would tilt under it's own weight, using a strap to limit how far.
Old 22-11-2011
Full Flexer

Smile D'oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjk View Post
I have seen this done before Hunty, but can't remembere where, it basicaly slides out and when it gets half way it would tilt under it's own weight, using a strap to limit how far.
Maaaaaaaaaaate
Thanx for the great Idea!
But that sounds to easy! - I was planning something much more complicated, - I may have to review my plans - nup - over engineered is way more fun LoL - Im thinking a trip to the wreckers for a gas stut, commodore handbrake and some door hinges off a ford transit!
cheers Hunty

Last edited by hunty; 22-11-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 23-11-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hunty bit of imgination needed as hard to describe

picture two bits of angle iron with long horizontal slots on the vertical part this angle iron is bolted to the fixed part of cargo area eg draws or floor.

Now the fridge slide bracket that a pin with bearings on the back ends of the slide bracket the fixed floor part of the bracket has Teflon or other high durability but low friction surface to it for everything to slide on

The pins and bearings slide in the slots on the angle iron and when the reach the outer stop the fridge will be over balanced and as such will slant down pivoting around the 2 pins you need a strap or over to limit the travel to a nice convenient angle then when the fridge is slide home it will need an over center catch on the front to hold the bracket tight

the only downside is to slide back in you have to lift the weight of the fridge loaded up and slide in straight but for a fridge less than 45L should be manageable

Keep It Simple
Old 23-11-2011

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Oh yeah add an little elect winch to the back and you can have your over engineered and make the return position automatic
Old 25-11-2011
Full Flexer

Smile 3rd Engine

Hi Guyz
Heres a little story of how my JK is on its 3rd engine;
It started with a ticking sound at idle (like the sound my old 5litre hz holden used to make when the lifters ticked prior to the oil pressure building up).

I took it to the dealership service dept and asked them to have a listen and the mechanic who had a listen said he could not hear anything - so I suggested that I leave the jeep overnight so he could start it in the morning and hear better the problem.

X__The mechanic still said he could not hear anything out of the ordinary and said take the vehicle and don't worry about it. (damn it - I like to worry about misc noises - LoL) anyway about a week or 2 later;

X__The ticking got louder on start up and was audible after warm up and whilst driving, so I returned to the dealership and again begged them to have a listen - again I was told it was nothing (I was getting embarrassed because they looked at me like i was some kind of paranoid stupid idiot - D'oh) so I left with my tail between my legs - then about a week latter;

X__The little tick became a loud knock / rattle - I immediately suspected a big end bearing and was only a kay or so away from the dealership so I drove it in and asked them to have a look - The mechanic who had a listen said immediately Big end bearing! and of course no parts in the country (this seems to be the Jeep way - all parts seem to have to come from Singapore) I asked how long this would take and they said - weeks - I must have looked a bit dejected because the dealership said drive it until the new parts (short block) arrive or it completely $h1t$ itself - that was good news to me as it is my daily drive.

Got a new short motor installed and all is good again - for about a week
then again with the ticking! D'oh D'oh D'oh! - rinse repeat LoL
I took it back to the dealer, F@#K me they could not hear the tick, they said go away its all normal - so with less than 1000km on the new engine snap crackle and pop another big end bearing - rinse repeat! stick in another new motor!

So my jeep speedo now says 122,000km but my motor has 30,000km ish on it - this engine is way better - more grunt and better economy and this engine doesnt seem to use any where near as much oil - this one can make it between service intervals without needing to be topped up! yay

The dealer never really told me what the problem was - they did agree that it had something to do with the oil system - "Brilliant" LoL

So JKers if your Jeep starts to tick on start up and your out of warranty - STOP before you spin a bearing!

Cheers Hunty

Old 28-11-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see you have a ipod mount what kind do you have and how did you mount it above you rear view mirror thanks
Post New Thread  Reply