Diesel slow fill Service Bulletin Number - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2010
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I had the TSB done about 2 months ago. It worked fine for 2-3 fills, but the problem returned the same as before. Very depressing.
Same here. 5 fills before it slowed up again. Will have a closer look at the breather tube too. Another observation is that diesel is not all the same. On the trip to Queensland the fuel was so frothy it took up to 20 minutes to fill but on return to Victoria consistanly back to just 5 minutes.
Old 10-10-2010
Sully

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackles View Post
Same here. 5 fills before it slowed up again. Will have a closer look at the breather tube too. Another observation is that diesel is not all the same. On the trip to Queensland the fuel was so frothy it took up to 20 minutes to fill but on return to Victoria consistanly back to just 5 minutes.
Depending where you are in the country Diesel has different additives to stop it from being contaminated from Humidity.
Up here in the north the petroleum depots add anti moisture additives so the diesel doesn't grow bacteria which really can mess your fuel lines up. these additives adds heaps more froth.
Down south they add more anti freeze to diesel.
And Army Diesel runs both...
Old 15-04-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

My jku had 4 recalls done today after I asked them to look at filler. They said there was no fix for the filler. I will have to try them with this TSB number. Can anyone confirm this TSB is at no cost even if the vehicle is out of warranty?
Old 15-04-2011
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

Mate this is the best solution, Fix it yourself, 4 years of fillings the proof. Not 100% perfect but close.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=73189
Old 15-04-2011
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Been running this TSB for a while now....it works pretty well but I still manage to spill diesel sometimes (if I try and top it up past the first click)
It fills up almost as fast as my other trucks.

Should be free, even if out of warranty, as long as you are having a problem with it. Just give them the TSB numbers.
Old 16-04-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've had the fuel system mod, and Chrysler are working on a fix for the mod. They were trying a mod which involved changing the fuel tank. Advice from my dealer today is it didn't work. So - currently there is no official fix I hope they come up with something soon as my warranty runs out in 4 months.
Old 16-04-2011
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

try stevil's fix mate. it's cheap and it works. he found the fix and after we hounded chrysler for about 2 years on ajor they finally gave up denying rhere was a problem and issued a tsb, mention earlier in this thread. or just do stev's fix that he has given you again.
Post New Thread  Reply