KK steel bullbar - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KK Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-10-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts
Default KK steel bullbar

As stated in the ARB bull bar post I am willing to make a steel bull bar for the KK which is a full bumper replacement. It will also take a low mount winch.

This bar is to be ADR complaint (will not effect your airbag deployment)

i need a list of at least 10 people who will buy the bar, deposit will be needed as I've been burned in the past buy group orders and people who drop out as soon as money is asked for.

However i will not even start this project until the end of Summer so hold on to your cash right now.

i live in Mount Martha so will need one of you keen KK owners to have a vehicle ready with the bumper removed ( I will drive to you as long as you're not too far) so I can measure up the car. Following this I will design up a model on CAD for you guys to comment on. Once general consensus is to go ahead I will make one prototype and fit to someones car, then tweek if necessary. If that all fits, this bar will then be crash tested. If that passes then I make the production set.

Seeing as I already run a factory (not making bull bars) and do this in my spare time and have to wait for crash testing etc, timing will not be fast.

I envisage 6-8 months once I start to have the production set finished.

so if you're still interested and prepared to pay extra due to the low volume covering the cost of testing please put your name down.

dave
Old 18-10-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hey Dave.

Most definatelly you can count Chris and I in. I have removed my front bar before, so I wont have a problem to remove it again for measuments and so forth. I've taken some photos while it was off, so I can email you these for reference if need be. As Chris mentioned in the other post, we both live in the NE suburbs, past Bundoora, so if its not too far for you to drive, I can remove the bar one Saturday, just let me know at least a week in advance.

Thanks again for your help with this, I know alot of KK owners will be pleased.

Cheers Vlad...
Old 18-10-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can count me in if I can help with feedback on the design and be involved with the testing. Would love to get the approach angles like mtnlvr's. Everyone who is keen please write a post in this thread so that we can get a serious list together.
Old 18-10-2011
Established Member

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Bravo, Dave!

Sooooo exciting to see this happening! Count me in!

But I'm still wondering if we could see any of your former designs first~?

And... there's one question for me which is... I'm in Sydney.

But I could drive to Melb. in one of my holidays i think.

ZHENG

Last edited by single_single; 19-10-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 19-10-2011
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

When the bars are done I can ship anywhere you like
Old 19-10-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Smile

Nice work Dave
I reccon there will be lots of interest in a real bar for the KK, I will certainly be keen to promote them at Northern Jeep as long as they meet all safety compliance and they look ok.
Fletch
Old 19-10-2011

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep Dave
Count me in
Post New Thread  Reply