New Chief Front Bumper - Yay or Nay? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts
Default New Chief Front Bumper - Yay or Nay?

It popped up in my email with their recent discount sale, and I'm quite into it. The basic bumper looks pretty cool and is exactly what I'm after. The cost of the extra's is a bit weird and admittedly it's mostly cosmetic vs a proper bullbar. Thinking I'd put a lightbar into the grill space.
Old 10-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 646 Times in 370 Posts

Yeah, I like it - think it suits the GC well, as does all of Chief's stuff. Pricey, and the extras add up in this case, but they do make good gear. Have heard of a few issues with QC and support, but I've personally had them go out of their way to sort a couple of things, so nothing but good feedback from my end.

As you said though, the bar's pretty light duty and is more for mounting points and approach angle, with some protection thrown in. From memory, even though the lower fascia is removed, the top edge of the bar sits a few mm off the painted upper bumper, so a bit of a nudge and I'd image you'd get some rubbing/damage.

Chief had gone very quiet for a while, so the email about the sale and spruiking that they'll be announcing more products soon was a welcome surprise. Have been hearing that for quite some time now from them though... Hopefully they stick around, but with the WL being a bit of a flop and the Wrangler/Gladiator market already flooded, I imagine life won't be as easy for them as it once was.

Old 20-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

The quality and finish of chief products is sadly down the toilet . After sales support is shit as well and they don't want to listen to your issues . Quality of the products and longevity are questionable . unfortunately this car is badly supported with aftermarket products . At least OA quality of the parts are really good , it just sucks that OA gear looks arse but chief products look good .
Old 20-11-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,854 Times in 2,282 Posts

I liked a roof rack until I saw the price............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 20-11-2023
Full Flexer

Liked 646 Times in 370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
I liked a roof rack until I saw the price............
I bought the rails only and picked up a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform off gumtree at a good discount - saved quite a bit on the full Chief setup

Post New Thread  Reply