CJ7: Fixing this one up for my son - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-02-2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Pictures of the Jeep

having trouble sending pictures. Bought the Jeep off Dave late last year. More to follow soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00640.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	18682   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00641.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	18683   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00665.JPG
Views:	181
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	18684   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00666.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	18685   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00664.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	18686  

Last edited by rick64; 01-03-2007 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Worked out how to post pictures
Old 28-02-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ah, thats where that went.

I had convinced a mate to look to buy that. There was something about that CJ I wanted.

Great to hear of some work on it. my ears will be pricked !!

Is jeepless.

Now has a Prado and thinks no one will talk to him now :p
Old 01-03-2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default CJ7 rebuild

Righto have this worked out now -

Picked the car up from Dave just before Christmas and took it around to a mates workshop. Dave said there was rust in the old girl but when we started looking there was a bit more than we antisipated but it was going to be ok. I had bought another one several years before and had started doing it up but after realising that there was no complience plate or ID tags it was going to be hard to get it reregistered.

So we used alot of the gear I had picked up from it to use on the one I got from Dave. I took two days on a pressure blaster to clean out all the under side so it was all nice and clean, we stripped it right back and started, changed over the suspension, replaced all brake shoes and pads, gave the under side a coat of protective black. Made up a 2 1/2" straight through system with a Dyna Max muffler (sounds sweet especially at full noise).

Once all the under side was done we gave it a full service, all oils dropped and flushed out new oil and filters, while we were doing the auto trany we fitted a drain plug into the sump so I don't get covered in oil next time I have to do it, I was really funny when we got my 16 yo son to drop the pan told him how to do it slowly and the catch the oil in a drain tray. As you can guess he took out most of the bolts left a couple in the front and as you can guess he got drowned in oil when the seal let got, we got laugh out of it but he did think it was funny, lol.
Old 01-03-2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pictures of build.

From the start and in progress
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00030.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	18697   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00031.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	18698  
Old 01-03-2007
Yeah I bought another one

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Good to see another CJ getting the treatment, looks Very QLD in that Gold paint and despite the rust looks straight and tidy. Recaros are a nice addition, any of the old CJ seats are buggered these days and often not wirth the $$ to rep[ad and upholster, I had some that were held together wit th ecovers, the frames had cracked through!
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 01-03-2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks, they were originally going in the first one I had but all the gear went into this one. We wanted to give it a coat of black but the body wasn't straight enough but it turned out all right. Was quite suprised that it went through roadworthy first go as it being an old rig but alot of work was done to it.
Old 01-03-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts

Is that the tune up hammer sittting on the front bumper??
Good on ya for keeping another one alive.