"Why do Jeeps currently suck so much?" - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default "Why do Jeeps currently suck so much?"

Did anyone else see this article in Unsealed4x4?

http://www.unsealed4x4.com.au/issue037/#63

Thoughts?
Old 05-06-2017
Trail Twister

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

Roothy likes em.
Here you go all you Grand Cherokee owners.
Old 05-06-2017
Never serious!

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 28 Times in 23 Posts

Hate 'em or love 'em, seems no in between for JEEP.
Old 05-06-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK

Yeah, read it this morning.
The article didn't exactly match up to the title.
Old 06-06-2017

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara Stu View Post
Yeah, read it this morning.
The article didn't exactly match up to the title.
Not sure I'd quite say that Jeeps suck, but owning a new one does...

You've essentially bought a project car, and will spend the next couple of years trying to figure out what's wrong with it and what the fix is, with bugger all support or interest from the dealerships. The 5 year warranty won't make that any easier.

People who buy new vehicles do not expect 'project cars'. That's pretty much the crux of it, I think. I really like the vehicle, but had I known it was going to have one fault or another unresolved for 2 of the first 2.5 years, I'd have bought something else. I can't recommend them to anybody and I probably won't buy another.
Old 06-06-2017
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I agree with Sahara Stu, the title doesn't match the article.

I read it a week or so ago. They aren't rubbishing Jeeps but putting forward some good points on why Jeep sales have dropped.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 06-06-2017
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

It's a crap piece that again "generalises" about jeeps. What was it that he said "search Jeep and you get 70 recalls". If he had a comparison with "Toyota or any other manufacturer" for the same time and all their models, it might be of value to someone for comparison. No, instead it only helps to try and "Brand beat" for the sake of trying to make a good story.

Roothy's story as attached by "rustynuts" about "ACTUALLY" trying a Jeep in real world are factual and as most of us Jeeps owners know, they are a brilliant vehicle. Yes some have some problems but that is the same with any brand.

Nissan NP300 dual cabs have been folding in half! that hasn't made the headlines, yet a vanity mirror light "may possibly" have a fault and Jeeps hit the headlines.

My 2015 Overland has only had a loose clamp and the fast fan after the tyranny recall that wasn't a recall-numbnutts who cant put a car in park. No long trips yet but it's been along the Holland Track, thru the Hills in WA and along beaches and doesn't get troubled.

Crap story that we have all heard before. Writer must be out of material for anything decent.
Post New Thread  Reply