Why LIE?!!!!!!! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

The best way to handle non delivery is a credit card charge back.

I ordered custom made gifts for my wedding. I told them the date and they assured it would be ready. Turned up almost a week late. Massive argument followed. Refused to refund etc. Called the bank, provided evidence of dates etc, charge back was done almost immediately.

Many companies list products for sale that they don't actually physically have. This is great for low volume parts to keep stock levels down etc BUT it should be fully disclosed BEFORE purchase. I find it very dishonest that companies will recieve payment and sit on it for weeks.

It amazes me that people can run an online retail business yet have no ability to instantly monitor stock levels.

Restocking fee should not apply if the wrong product is sent. Only for change of mind returns.
Old 05-08-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 542 Times in 304 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Back, just after I bought my JKU, I ordered a BDS lift kit through an on line "dealer" based here in Perth. Paid for up front.
After six months of waiting and getting all sorts of excuses regarding the delays, I suddenly found I had lost contact with him. Phone disconnected, no e-mail response.
I contacted Consumer Affairs for advice who suggested I find his residential address through his business registration. Before this I didn't have a full name and no address to work with.
When I rocked up to his door step his wife answered the door and I was confronted various aspects of unusual behavior, like they had been caught out.
Anyhow, this "piece of work" continued to feed me BS for the next couple of weeks until one day I fronted up and he said the it was going to arrive at a nearby 4x4 shop which he used as an address and that when he got a call he would collect it and drop it off at home.
Being very suspicious at this stage, I decided to do s detour on the way home and drop in at this shop.
When I enquired about him the first thing they said was "You're not dealing with that shonky ar*shole are you"?
And no, they would never allow him to use them as a delivery point.
The next thing they told me was that they thought he had gone back to Canada!
That night I phoned BDS in the USA where the Marketing Manager told me that he had NEVER EVER ordered anything from them but had only made one unreasonable enquiry regarding being an importer into Australia. They were not happy with him at all, mainly due to him already advertising himself as a BDS importer on his website. (I remember this blokes name but not his business name.)
Anyhow to cut an already long story short, I caught him trying to do a runner and ended up getting most of my money back in Canadian currency.

Since then, I have delt almost exclusively with SBR Offroad in WA. I go elsewhere when there is something he doesn't carry. It's also handy when you live in Perth.
Old 05-08-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 342 Times in 221 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It's incredibly hard to get good service.

Not mentioning any vendor names...

I wanted to support local, so went about ordering an eaton E-Locker from nearby.

Wanted the locker and a total kit of bearings and spacers for it.

Rang up, the locker was no worries, but what do I need the bearing kit and spacers for he said

You can't do it yourself (Guy does not know me from a bar of soap) he says, get a local diff place to do it

Nah, send me the locker and the bearing and spacer kit, or no order.
E-Locker arrives, with the most totally wrong spacers and bearings

Fuck that stupid dumb ********.

Telling me I wouldn't be able to fit it.

Dumb idiot couldn't even get the fitting kit right. Fuck me

Ahhhh, I feel better now
Old 05-08-2016
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,550 Times in 4,342 Posts

Been there done that!
The Chinese arent so bad after all.
I had a problem with no show on an ebay order out of China a few years ago. Paid via paypal. Disputed it The vendor said they would resend. Another month or so & I requested & got a full refund. A week later 2 parcels arrived. So I ended up with the item X2 for free.
Most times its a PITA & you loose.
I find many fly by night sellers in Australia are just as bad as the overseas ones.
Never pay by cash unless you have knowledge of the individual.
Old 05-08-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 544 Times in 264 Posts

I have been lucky so far and have not had a problem with suppliers. I usually deal with Quadratec and Morris 4x4 in USA and occasionally minor others. I rely more on Morris 4x4 since i think Quadratec has gone down a bit with service. Also, they tend to charge more for delivery.

I have always had my stuff within about 2 weeks from both suppliers and a bit longer if it is heavy stuff. Mostly I buy in advance for things I know I will eventually need so don't mind waiting. MY JK is third car so waiting doesn't matter that much for me. I understand that they can't store everything (who can) and I think they do their best to be smart about supplying.They r caught up in a supply chain, just like us, the buyer.

When u order from suppliers, I understand that you set up a "contract"which is along the lines of "a promise to supply" within a reasonable timeframe. It's a bit like buying a plane or train ticket. There is a promise to supply a flight etc on a given time and date but not a guarantee to do so.

We have to be careful tho' of those who see a quick buck in setting themselves up as a supplier when they r accessing the same o/s suppliers as u and me and then charging a middle man fee for doing so, and often this is exorbitant. For example, quotes for an alternator for my vehicle varied from $1000 - 1500 for the same one I had delivered (from the same suppliers I think) for less than $500Aus.

Some of these people r so cunning.... one person had paid for full page colour ads in several well known 4x4 magazines over nearly 6 months and was eventually taken to task by ACCC. No bother, simply changed his name and set up even more bogus businesses doing the same thing.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to internet buying, as well as a LOT of trust which is very discomforting when big, hard earned dollars r involved.

I still think it is safer to deal direct with big suppliers from overseas and who have been around a long time with a good track record, rather than thru a local "middle man" albeit there r risks either way. It is always a case of buyer beware. I am not a fan of "buying local" or supporting "local dealers" since my money is as hard earned as theirs, only mine is probably a bit more honestly earned compared with some of them (Yep, I am waiting for the deluge of anger).

My 50 cents worth.
Old 05-08-2016
Senior Newbie

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

I feel your pain dude, i've been waiting 4 months for a set of 4 tyres, regular size, type name brand tyre " oh we haven't ordered it yet " or " the'll be here this week " 3 weeks ago... useless cun@s these days i get burned every single time i use a " supplier " it's fu$ked
Old 05-08-2016
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Been there done that!
The Chinese arent so bad after all.
I had a problem with no show on an ebay order out of China a few years ago. Paid via paypal. Disputed it The vendor said they would resend. Another month or so & I requested & got a full refund. A week later 2 parcels arrived. So I ended up with the item X2 for free.
Most times its a PITA & you loose.
I find many fly by night sellers in Australia are just as bad as the overseas ones.
Never pay by cash unless you have knowledge of the individual.
I go chinese for certain small stuff. I bought a 12v bluetooth, sd, av, usb etc projector for the Jeep so I can watch Wolf Creek 1 & 2, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Friday the 13th all over again when camping. Projector was $52 buxes, screen $40 and got them both in 4 days. WIN!
Post New Thread  Reply