WK2 diesel oil etc - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2014

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thankyou
Looks like I will "import" them - shame really as I prefer to use "Aussie" stuff
Cheers
Old 02-11-2014
I just registered

Liked 6 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnK View Post
"Meets and exceeds" is different from "approved".

Granted - there are likely a number of oils that will do the job.

Personally I made the decision early on only to use only oil that complies with the specification in every respect.
John
Meets and exceeds means diddly squat when you find out most dealers don't use an oil because meets the Chrysler specs. They use it because its close and it covers the other diesel brands they sell in their yards.
Mine uses castrol professional whatever grade and as has been said in other threads doesn't meet the spec. And they are not the only dealer. So Jeep Oz would hardly have a leg to stand on if you had a problem - as long as you use the same as your dealer during your warranty period. After that who gives a large rodents ring hole - use what your happy with.

Leggo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-11-2014
Blackhawk

Liked 77 Times in 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeglessOne View Post
After that who gives a large rodents ring hole - use what your happy with.

Leggo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
thats Gold. ....political correctness at it's best.

Hutch- Jeep GC blackhawk 2014.
Old 02-11-2014
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,577 Times in 4,355 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjm View Post
All oils ant oils.!!
A few months ago I had a long talk to a Penrite technical rep. re oils for my 2010 GC diesel.I told him that the N245 transfer boxes should not have ATF in them as it will destroy them.He said all of the oil companies he knew of said ATF ok .He got back to me later and said I was right, no ATF in these transfer cases.(He had also worked for Mobil and knew Mobil 424 well.)Have penrite changed their catalogues ,etc NO.If you have a transfer case failure using ATF I would be sending the bill to the oil co.!!He also told me most oil companies in Aus use a central database for getting info on what goes into a vehicle.This is not the first over the years I have caught out oil companies advising wrong products.Also be aware it costs money for oil companies to say they are approved by auto manufactures. A bit like getting the heart tick on your food product.
Next some one will be suggesting we need halal certified oil !
Old 04-11-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

No its got to be (JEEPALAL) certified LOL
Old 06-11-2014

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hoohoo
Picked up the Overland today impressed so far = awsome - and when I asked what oil they use was told Castrol Professional 5W-30 A3??
Cheers
Old 17-11-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all, this is the first time I'm posting in this forum, but I've been lurking in the background sourcing information here and there. I agree with LeglessOne in the sense the meet or exceeds means bugger all.

In saying that, I know what the manufacturer would say if you serviced your car outside of the dealership network and something pops up and they deem it to be a void on warranty due to incorrect oils/parts used.

I personally think given the DPF issues, the best oil is the one with the lowest ash content. The closest to the Mobil ESP Ash % of 0.6 is the Castrol Edge 5W-30 FST which is both ACEA C3 and MB 229.31 and 229.51 approved, with a ash% of 0.64. The other oils I can't find any specs on so I cannot speculate...but I think you'd be safe with the Castrol as an alternative...

http://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/Fu...45_2014_01.pdf

http://www.mobil.com/Australia-Engli...ula_5W-30.aspx

I saw the above post JnK and thought I'd update the list I compiled for guys over here too (listed with MB approved or meets or exceeds). I cannot guarantee anything as my research is only as accurate as the information I can find online/given to me. Please see below:

Engine Oil

Meets ACEA C3 Only

Havoline Fully Synthetic C3 5W-30 (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3 / MB-229.51 Approved)
Nulon Full Synthetic 5W-30 Diesel Formula Long Life Engine Oil (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3, MB-229.51)
Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30 (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3, MB-229.31 & MB-229.51)
Castrol Magnatec Diesel DX 5W-40 (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3)
Castrol EDGE 0W-40 (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3)
Castrol EDGE 5W-30 FST (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3 / MB-229.31 & MB-229.51 Approved)
Castrol Edge Professional OE-X 5W-30 (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3, MB-229.31, MB-229.51)
Fuchs Titan GT1 PRO C-3 SAE 5W-30 Premium Synthetic (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3 / MB-229.51 Approved)
Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5w-30 Fully Synthetic (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3 / MB-229.51 Approved)
Valvoline SynPower MST 5W-30 Synthetic Engine Oil (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3 / MB-229.51 Approved)

Meets Both ACEA C3 & Chrysler MS-11106

Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5W-30 (Meets or Exceeds ACEA C3 / MB-229.31, MB-229.51, MS-11106 Approved)

Oil Filter

Mopar Part 68109834AA
Ryco R2737P
Wesfil WCO163 (C)

Fuel Filter

Mopar Part 4726067AA
Wesfil WCF203 (X2)

Air Filter

Mopar Part 04861688AA
Wesfil WA5135

Cabin Air Filter

Mopar Part 68079487AA
Ryco RCA242P
Wesfil WACF0154

Accessories

Chief Recovery Eyelet
Chief Recovery Hook
Chief Recovery Sump Protection Plate
Mopar Cargo Area Rubber Liner (Part No. #82212085)
Mopar Dog Guard Compartment Partition (Part No. #82212304)
Mopar Front Axle Skid Plate (Part No. #82213092)
Mopar Rock Rails (Part No. #82212157AB)
Mopar Rubber Floor Mats 2011 - 2012 (Part No. #82212172AC)
Mopar Rubber Floor Mats 2013 - Current (Part No. #82213686)
Post New Thread  Reply