Agressive AT tires - opinions needed - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Agressive AT tires - opinions needed

Hi guys, I'm looking to get some aggressive AT tires for my 2003 WG Overland and the Coopers S/T Maxx have been getting my attention.

Does anyone have them and could give me your impressions on them?
Any other opinions on other brands and models are welcomed!

Tks
Old 02-09-2015
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 184 Times in 136 Posts

Dunno about Coopers S/T Maxx, I have not tried them, but always been interested as I like the look.

I had some Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac LT245/75R16 on my WJ and they were an absolutely brilliant tyre. They look great, very low noise for an aggressive AT, handling in the wet and dry was exceptional and I put over 30,000km on them and they still had 10-11mm out of 14mm of tread left. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

I will be getting a set for my Commander when my Goodyear Silent Armors wear out.

BTW - Keller TSR tyres are essentially the same tyre as the GY Duratrac, but with a different tread pattern. Usually much cheaper too.

The Mickey Thompson AT P3's look very similar to the Coopers and would be worth a look - at the right price of course!
Old 02-09-2015
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I will second the Duratracs, had them on my JK for 52,000km with also around 10 mm tread left when I traded it.

I will also be getting another set for the new KL shortly.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 02-09-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the Cooper ST's. For me, they have been fantastic and been wearing well.

Good on and offroad, though with that being said I'm at best a solid C grade driver so can't vouch for the truly hardcore stuff.

Little noisy for the missus but really not that bad.

I'm quite happy with mine and would buy another set.
Old 02-09-2015

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I've got a set of the Coopers S/T Maxx.

My only complaint is that they are a bit noisy compared to the ProComp AT's I had before them.

If I was to buy another set I would go back to the ProComps as they are quieter.

The Coopers S/T Maxx are better in the wet stuff - just most of my time ends up being on the road, sand or dirt.
Old 02-09-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

x3 on the Goodyear Duratracs.
Old 02-09-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

I picked up a set of Bridgestone Duelers d694 a little while ago, not overly aggressive but handled anything I have thrown at them, handled well on loose stuff, sand and thick sticky mud. They are quiet on the road too. Can't vouch for longevity yet though.
Post New Thread  Reply