KJ Owners post your PIC!! - Page 148 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JCROffroad dont ship to Australia. I had to get them to bring it to my business partners shipping yard in California then I get it landed here for free through his boat importing business. Had a quote to get them made up here in Melbourne for me and it was like $900!!!! Im happy with $350 landed.
Old 07-10-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hahahahaha $900. I already did a design and all measured up. I can make them for $300 a set. Just like Rock Lizard pretty much.

Last edited by joshywoshy; 07-10-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 07-10-2011
No Winching

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshywoshy View Post
Those tyres looked alot bigger before you put them on..Looks good Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by premhk View Post
Thx josh, yeah because i just put them infront of the stock tyres in the other pics to see how'd they look. So they seemed bigger.

I thought it was because they are actually different tyres to ones you were originally putting on, no longer the 265/75/16 Procomps and now the original suggested and recommended size of 255/70/16's??

It is certainly looking Good premhk, that green looks great with all the black extras.

Those Sliders look very good, I esp like the extra sil support in behind, no other slider I've seen for the KJ has that, would add a lot of extra strength. I also prefer the slight up angle the outer bars have over the flat Rocklizard ones. I was actually thinking of cutting my RockLizards and rewelding them like that myself.

Josh you weld don't You???

Tales.......of Interest!!!
Old 07-10-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My design is quiet similar with been attached to the sil. That design Prem put up looks abit weak to me. need more support going back to the rail.

Yes Chris, Im a Boilermaker and Foreman of my workshop. Everything is available to me
Old 07-10-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Joshywoshy, dont spose u have any pics of your design? At $300, I reckon I could just about convince the wife I need em
Old 07-10-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshywoshy View Post
Hahahahaha $900. I already did a design and all measured up. I can make them for $300 a set. Just like Rock Lizard pretty much.
Group buy!!! will you sell them to KJ members at that price??!! Thats cheap, wonder what thickness steel etc... You must work for $10 an hour lol. Unless you can whip them up in 3 hours....! Most fabricators charge at least $80-$100 an hour. The material alone must be around $100. I never paid $900 like I said, had them landed for $350.
JCR sliders proved stronger than Lizards according to trial and tested reports from the States. Will see how they perform when I hit the Vic High country. This pretty much sums up why they are better than the rest. http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...gory_Code=KJSL

The 265 75 procomps I sold as I made big profit on them so I opted for the cooper stt mud terrains as I didnt have to spend big on the diff gears other uneccessary mods to have them work. As Im learning about 4wding, the difference in the mud would make no difference in those two tyre sizes. But a 30" tyre versus 33+" tyre would.
Old 07-10-2011
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Folks just remember what Wooders started this thread for: KJ photo posting. Once a discussion starts on wheel options, sliders, bumpers etc it should really move to it's own thread - and this helps others find that topic (not having it buried in the Pics thread).
Post New Thread  Reply