What did you do to your XJ today? 1M Views - Page 2623 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-10-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 252 Times in 117 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

replaced the left hand side engine mount, seriously sagging and fried.

easy job to do , all good for another eight years.

just got a kelpro off ebay, last one was replaced eight years ago, so I'm happy with that.

took it for a spin and couldn't really tell any difference, although it feels sharper changing years, probably because the engine isn't flopping about hehe
Old 28-10-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishW96 View Post
Gee I got 280km around town from a full tank... I had better check this line!!! hahaha
seems I am too stupid to do multiquotes

however, with the other lister mentioning 412km...how much are youse calling a "tank" ?

I usually pump 55-60 litres depends how long the fuel light is on, and that does me about 350km, mostly shortish local driving <1hr

fuel light comes on at 1/4 full, I dont test it, never pumped more than 65L

works out at 16L/100km
Old 29-10-2017
Trail Twister

Liked 840 Times in 479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
just got 412km out of a tank of fuel around town. big improvement on the 330km or so i have been getting lately.
You might not believe it but if the map sensor line is NOT perished to the point it leaks, the engine runs better, makes more power and uses less fuel.
After being off the road for some time I gave my car a good run. The only modifucation to the engine was a set of Commodore injectors. It has been re-geared to 4.1 and runs 245/75/17 tyres. Speedo is pretty acurate with GPS speed. I achieved 340 km's on 46 litres. That was a combination of city, freeway and dirt roads. Yeah...pretty happy with that.
Old 29-10-2017
EL CAPITANO DESTRUCTO

Liked 1,911 Times in 804 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Finished buliding my rear bumper and tyre carrier
Roof rack and rear bar parts off to sand blaster tomorrow

Wish it was back home so i could get some more done as its getting so bloody close to finished
Old 31-10-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 106 Times in 53 Posts

Ripped out the interior and the carpet, which was still soaking wet 3 weeks after the cape trip.

Found a little bit of rust but nothin major.

Prepped and ready for bedliner. Some carpet will be going back in around the trans tunnel to try combat heat a little.

Rear seat is not being put back in, have received Titan drawers meant for a GQ from 4wd Supa Centre and they are a perfect fit without the rear seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20171029_09_48_38_Pro.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	76557  
Old 31-10-2017
AJOR Bronze

Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg View Post
seems I am too stupid to do multiquotes

however, with the other lister mentioning 412km...how much are youse calling a "tank" ?

I usually pump 55-60 litres depends how long the fuel light is on, and that does me about 350km, mostly shortish local driving <1hr

fuel light comes on at 1/4 full, I dont test it, never pumped more than 65L

works out at 16L/100km
I get about 400k out of a 60 litre lpg tank on a highway run
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)
Old 01-11-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Bought a new XJ after being Jeepless for a few months.
This is what it looked like when I picked it up.

Name:	IMAG1230.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	142.6 KB
ID:	76562

Spent the last few days tidying it up.

Scored a roof rack designed for a roof top tent (coming soon) which I painted up before fitting it up and attaching my awning.
Also repainted all the flares, side trim, wheels and nudge bar.

Name:	web xj.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	76563
Post New Thread  Reply