New XJ, Have a few issues! - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-05-2017
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 86 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billnick View Post
The OBD2 was the first change (Single 49 psi fuel pipe) , '96 was the mishmash year between young and old parts, then mid '97 came the upgrade( spotted by the lack of 1/4 window).
Junglejuice is the guru on models and parts therein.
Ahhhh okay. So there are different specs for the oil pressure senders? I think my car is a super early build for aus, like 94 build and 95 compliance I saw the other day. Will check out when I get home!

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk
Old 31-05-2017
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamishW96 View Post
Ahhh..hmmm.... didn't billnick just say there are 3 different types? One for OBD1, OBD2 and my2000?
I only know OBD1 is different from my '98, and the one out of my '98 wouldn't fit my 2000 (IIRC its got 3 pins). I haven't checked any part numbers. The difference is in the terminal plugs. Specs seem to be the same.

Last edited by Billnick; 31-05-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 31-05-2017
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
I only know OBD1 is different from my '98, and the one out of my '98 wouldn't fit my 2000 (IIRC its got 3 pins). I haven't checked any part numbers. The difference is in the terminal plugs. Specs seem to be the same.
Okay, I'll pull the connector out when I get home and double check how many pins it has.

Can anyone confirm if that engine mount I posted up would fit my xj? Only thing was it didn't specify 4x4 but we have no 2wd ones here do we?

Old 31-05-2017
Yeah I bought another one

Liked 93 Times in 58 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Ahhh..hmmm.... didn't billnick just say there are 3 different types? One for OBD1, OBD2 and my2000?

Yeah, there may be 3 to choose from but there's only one right one.....
me being a smartass.
If yours is 94 or 95 you are OBD 1.
1x Jeep trailers.
1x Empty Wallet.
Old 01-06-2017
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildo View Post
Yeah, there may be 3 to choose from but there's only one right one.....
me being a smartass.
If yours is 94 or 95 you are OBD 1.
There's the pics of the sensor and connector.

The windows are fixed. Part of the loom was hiding way down near the speaker....

The dash lights refuse to work via the switch so I'm unsure if I can just bridge it to make it work to rule out the switch being the issue? All fuses are fine.
Also where are the grounds for this area? The actual lights work. I've seen it and have it on video.

Brakes are ordered
So are boot struts..

List stands at:

-Engine mount
-Power steering hoses
-Fix oil pressure sender
-Cps
-Dash lights (anyone selling a known working rotary switch? )
-And the part time 4wd light is stuck on... Hoping it's just a crap switch lol.

Old 01-06-2017
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 281 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
There's the pics of the sensor and connector.

I'm unsure if I can just bridge it
You have 2 round pins, the later ones have 2 flat pins.

You'll need a wiring diagram to identify the 9 pins on the h/l switch.

Last edited by Billnick; 01-06-2017 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2017
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
You'll need a wiring diagram to identify the 9 pins
I could just check if there's power with a dmm... Don't listen to have the stuff early morning Hamish says 😂 shift work + no sleep = not thinking

Post New Thread  Reply