I guess I might finally get that aftermarket rear bar... - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-05-2021
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 540 Times in 399 Posts

Or being given to Otto in small pieces!
Old 30-05-2021
SwampDigger

I got it back Friday!

Then I started noticing things...
Old 30-05-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

What's happened?

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 30-05-2021
SwampDigger

Right corner where I got hit:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Uxwmf6sxrssKqrfD7

As compared to the other side from the same angle...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SNDBKKFqNz4uHdvZ6

At first I thought they had left the bent brackets on the car, but then I started looking further & found that the gap between the inside of the tyre on the right and the body is ~20mm smaller than the gap on the right... And the diff is weeping.

And after checking the invoice, I noticed nothing about the axle. So yeah, I checked it & it's still bent. I'll get a video of that later this morning.

I will be going back to "have a conversation" with them tomorrow.

Last edited by Banshee; 30-05-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 30-05-2021
SwampDigger

I don't know, but it looks like they gave it to the apprentice as a practice piece. The paint they touched up, at least where I can see it, is full of orange peel while the surrounding area is smooth. (Looks like what I did on the other corner, but cleaned off because it looked too bad, with a Bunnings rattle can.)

And they fucked up even as simple a job as reattaching the soft top! (The tab that I at first though had been torn or cut off, was instead tucked into the aluminium reinforcing on the corner.) They couldn't even get the light block on without fucking it up!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Vv3HqQTZeUd3kfRk6

I am... disappointed in the quality of their work, for an NRMA partner repairer.

Last edited by Banshee; 30-05-2021 at 09:01 AM.
Old 30-05-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

I once had the front bumper on my wrx resprayed. They did a good job but must of had wet paint on their hands when they moved the vehicle. They gave it back to me with my leather steering wheel covered in 555 blue.

I wasn't impressed.

Take it back and have a word with them. No doubt there'll be excuses.

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 30-05-2021
SwampDigger

Undoubtedly. They open first, so I'll speak to them, but then I'll be calling NRMA and the assessor to have them reopen the claim. And to comment on the repairers attention to detail, or orather, their lack of it.

I had a quick look yesterday, but I can see already that the axle seal will be stuffed soon & then I'll have diff oil leaking into the drum... Probably won't make much difference to the handbrake, but once it migrates out to the disk...?

Last edited by Banshee; 30-05-2021 at 09:20 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply