What is the REAL fuel economy of your Grand Cherokee? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonkatruk View Post
I have an 06 CRD, on standard tyres and rims I was getting 9 lt/100k hwy and 10.2 city.. Now it is lifted and with 265/70/17 rubber i'm getting 11.5 lt/100 city and 10..5 hwy.
And as for the Hemi comment, the CRD is quicker off the line and over a quarter mile is only half a car length behind the Hemi.
the CRD is NOT quicker off the line........i've lost count of the number of diesel WH's i have left behind me..... the chipped diesels go very well against the petrol but they still lose to the 5.7 ..not by a hell ofa lot to be honest but a win is a win..my only whinge about the 5.7 is fuel....i get about 13.5 l/100 highway at legal speeds and about 16.3l/100 town in the WH if i drive carefully.....and after 3 years am still addicted to the sound
Old 09-08-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I HAVE THE OLD ZJ 4L six, i get 550 km from a tank. of 75 litres which equals 13.5 l/100km and i do use WOT technique quite a bit in traffic im sure i could get down to 12l/100 if i really tried.
Old 09-08-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

Diesel gives you better economy as already mentioned, they go like a cut snake and better still are cheaper for the Rego by many dollars.

Just don't sound as good as the V8.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 09-08-2010
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

03 WG 4.7l V8

I do 19l/100 kms in city and 11l/100 kms on highway. Stock in all respects.
Old 09-08-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimamigo View Post
the CRD is NOT quicker off the line........i've lost count of the number of diesel WH's i have left behind me..... the chipped diesels go very well against the petrol but they still lose to the 5.7 ..not by a hell ofa lot to be honest but a win is a win..my only whinge about the 5.7 is fuel....i get about 13.5 l/100 highway at legal speeds and about 16.3l/100 town in the WH if i drive carefully.....and after 3 years am still addicted to the sound
Well next time you talk to CRDSTU ask him to show you the pics i took from MOPAR sunday, of him leaving the 5.7 behind off the start.
Up until now i hadn't had a CRD i was after the Hemi but I am glad I went the diesel.
Old 11-08-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Here's the Video to prove it!! !

The CRD WH's are definately quicker off the line, even a few people I know who work at Jeep Australia admit it, but not the SRT8 - thats a different ball game.
Launched correctly the CRD's will kill the 5.7 Hemi's off the line.

I drove quite a few 5.7's before getting mine just to 'make sure' that I was making the right call. Yes the V8's sound good but nearly every V8 always will, mind you the Huffer on the CRD and its V6 noise are'nt that bad either, pretty grunty little thing. Fuel economy wise the CRD shiets all over the Petrol, and I bet Bess that if you get one, you'll be one of those freaks that gets 7.0-9ltrs per 100 out of their engine because of the area you drive in.

With all my accessories on board, lift wheels and tyres not to mention a non wind resistance friendly roof basket, I average around 13 - 13.5ltrs around town and a bit of 80-100kph thown in there. On the freeway she nabs around the 11.8 - 12.5 mark if I push.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 11-08-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

How is a CRD faster then the hemi off the line? Weight of the v8? Because they have very similar torque, 510 on deisel vs 500 V8. The V8 has much more power though.
But I know it weighs more.

Official claimed 0-100 sprints are 9sec diesel vs 7.5sec V8

Yes I saw the video of the diesel winning. i just don't get how. It's not supposed to be that way.

Chipped diesel?
Post New Thread  Reply