I finally got my Wrangler, but would love some advice - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Sticky's - New members please stop by
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-03-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I finally got my Wrangler, but would love some advice

I have to say I have been wanting one since I was 8 years old, and 27 years later......and a few years of trying to convince my wife that I should have a car that doesn't fit the whole family......... I finally picked up my new red Wrangler renegade yesterday.

I only have one problem - the hard-top doesn't fit in the shed as I had planned and I am a bit stuck as to what to do. The wife is a bit peeved that it is on the deck taking up room and in reality I didn't really want the hard-top anyway.

As my wife will never let me spend any more money on the wrangler for a while, I had a cunning plan that if I sold the hard-top I could keep her happy and use those funds to stealthily start getting some of the basic off-road mods ...... Is there a market for brand new hard-tops or is trying to sell it a bit of a waste of time?

I would appreciate anyone's advice.....
Old 24-03-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Get or make one of these?

oops, sorry, just read you didn't actually want the hardtop...
OK, chuck it in the 4SALE section

Last edited by Tonto; 24-03-2006 at 03:20 PM. Reason: I should have read the post better
Old 24-03-2006
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

keep it.......
Old 24-03-2006
The Chook Whisperer

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Congrats mate

I don't think you will have any problems selling the hardtop.
Old 24-03-2006
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pics Pics!!!!
Old 24-03-2006
Rock Munki

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hardtop will be easy to sell. If you have a look through some of the old for sale posts you will see that quite a few have been sold. I would recommend keeping it though as it is so much nicer to drive with it on than it is with a soft top or half top. You can actually talk to someone without having to shout at them. Then when you want to go out and play whip the top off leave it in the backyard and go.
Old 25-03-2006
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the advice, its appreciated. I have been driving around for the past couple of days (without any top) grinning like a fool!

Thanks for asking for a photo Matty, but unfortumately it is totally 'stock' at the moment - I feel a little humble when I see the rigs you guys have.

I'll have to sell the hard-top to raise some funds
Post New Thread  Reply