My XJ Cherokee's...... - Page 11 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2021
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 947 Times in 637 Posts

Hello Good Evening and ...... Welcome Fellow XJ Addicts (and other interested viewers)
Firstly the key trick is Bullshit! I tried several positions and now that I think of it I never tried taping the original key to the new cut key but that would defeat the purpose?
I still have not looked at the exhaust rattle I will get around to it
I have been looking at a thread about "Gladiators" (The Truck that don't Tow) with bad fuel economy .. the XJ's on a good day will do that or better and are a lot cheaper $$$$
My Father in Law has a old VS Commodore with a 3.6 V6 and gets way better economy?
The 96 went bush today we took the dog down the river today
I got given a airfryer wow aren't they unreal so is 25 day old kegged homebrew
Old 05-02-2021
AJOR Bronze

I finally got around to going to the hardware and got some new O rings for the taps on my brew drums and some 'Gorilla Glue' to fix the steering wheel on the week end I will drill a few small holes squirt the glue in and twist the grip a bit to spread it and see what happens I will also check out the exhaust rattle
Old 05-02-2021
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 123 Times in 94 Posts

Don't forget to work a bit of water into the holes first to activate the glue, and tape over the holes while it goes off to stop it expanding out.
Old 09-02-2021
AJOR Bronze

Well that didn't work out as planned I have the glue and a syringe to inject the water some packing tape to cover the holes and it rains (rain is a good thing in the outback) and as I don't have a cordless drill it didn't happen and I wasn't laying in the mud to look at the exhaust ..
I have been looking on ebay I need a buffer to get some polish on the paint I want to try and preserve the paint from the harsh UV's up here .... the clear goes on every colored car up here But 30 yr old white ones look perfect it looks like we might go to Brisbane this Christmas We will be taking the 99 (for some air-con comfort)
Old 10-02-2021
Full Flexer

Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

My white one does not appear to have any clear, it is Stone White

If I was to repaint it, I could just sand it and go over the top with
2 pac primer/sealer, and 2 pac urethane

The paint is getting a little chalky, especially in the engine bay
Old 10-02-2021
AJOR Bronze

May be so Tony but white dont show the clear fracturing and still looks good at 50 feet of 50 kph "LOL"
Still raining ....
Old 20-03-2021
AJOR Bronze

Well it's been a while since I posted anything as nothing XJ has been going on ...... the blue 96 is running perfectly and has been down the bush a few times and could do with a good clean inside the dog has broken the second set of rear door handles off again (he stands on them as we only put the window down half way ... as he has jumped/fallen/crashed out the window to chase Roo's while the car is moving) I am not going to bother to replace them with a 3rd set he will only break them LOL!
The 99 has been sitting for months now waiting for it's turn ... as the amount of things that needed doing put me financially behind the pensioner 8 ball and I still owed the father in law $1000 and I was tormented by the ride on mower from hell what a time !!
After replacing the carby airbox blades belt idler pulley battery it still would not start and the battery wires would melt? So I bought the worlds most expensive starter motor $266 for a stupid design non solenoid electric motor with a gearbox on top for a Briggs and Stratton anyway it is fixed just in time as we have had rain and the lawn finally needs mowing
I finally glued the steering wheel today man that Gorilla glue is good shit I then bought a cheap lace on steering wheel cover to hide the holes off ebay for $12 I also got a polisher so the next step is a serious cut and polish wire up the light bar and get the RWC and REGO!
I still have to fix the passenger window but can do that lather after I get it on the road still have not checked out the exhaust rattle and want to give it a oil change and get rid of the 2 year old clean oil and filter But finally getting close to being on the road
Post New Thread  Reply