Possible Uconnect issue? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-06-2016
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 293 Times in 185 Posts
Default Possible Uconnect issue?

We seem to be have some weird electrical issues on our 2015 thats not even done 10k km yet.. Randomly the number 1 seat memory goes but number 2 is always there. The radio station memory for that particular setting seems to stay though. Also the radio stations memory either disappears and has to be reprogrammed or they are shuffled about in a different order on the screen. Also sometimes has trouble reading sd card. Just stalls then says can't read even though it is the same card that's always in there and works normally.

Anybody else have this as i was going to get dealer to look at it when the rolling in park recall gets sorted but know they will say there is nothing wrong.
Old 26-06-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 115 Times in 77 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

HI Dingo,

No, something's wrong there. Ours keeps the radio stations once reset.

Also keeps the 1 and 2 driver's seat settings. Just check you have set them correctly though with the procedure in the manual.

Haven't used the SD card, but using a USB for songs and all good, although sometimes have to take it out and re-insert it to get it going.

Sounds like you might have to go back to the dealer, I'm afraid!

Cheers,
Sally

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER
Old 27-06-2016

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

I had a problem with the SD card. Worked a treat for a while on a 16GB card almost full of songs that were broken into various folders. Then for some reason the card would not read. I took it out and put it in my PC but that would not read it either. I think that somehow that the SD had locked up as i may have turned it off or swapped to other media without closing the files.

In any event I put it on another SD card and all good. I now stop the music track that is playing and then swap out of the media fubction on to say the radio and then disengage the SD card. Its still in the slot just not fully inserted. Then reverse the process when I want to use it again. So far, so problems. As far as your other issues, sorry, am unable to help. Suggest that you do actually need to go to a dealer.
Old 27-06-2016
RubiconSlammer

Liked 279 Times in 197 Posts

what uconnect version are you on. I had a problem with it not recognising my USB drive after an update, found it was a bug and was fixed in the next version.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/uconn...1-a-92061.html

edit: I'm trying to avoid that rolling in park recall, it stops you from being able to move the car with the door open, which I like to do sometimes offroad. Really, if you aren't american, and you know how to put your car in park, you won't have a problem.

Last edited by Benn0; 27-06-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 28-06-2016
Full Flexer

Liked 293 Times in 185 Posts

I will have to check the version i have. I'm not really concerned with the sd card issue, more that the seat memory 1 needs to keep being reprogrammed and stations in memory shuffling around. It drives me bonkers when missus drives my amarok because she moves tbe seat. Now we have this luxury with the jeep it doesn't always work. Ah first world problems.