mini relay 30a - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XJ / MJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-10-2022
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default mini relay 30a

Hi ,Guys
Anyone knows if the mini relay 20amp 5 pin for fuel pump can be used for ADS relay which is mini relay 5pin,however is 30amp.
I have Jeep Cherokee XJ 96 but cannot find any in the 30amp relay with resistor SPTD relay nowhere. All are 20amps or 20/10 and for ads relay it should be 30/20.
Anyone had idea maybe where to buy or if 20/10 would be suitable in long run .
Thanks for help.
Old 25-10-2022
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 640 Times in 436 Posts

Its difficult to understand your post, you have tried to make it clear, but it isnt clear

I have a '96

One approach would be to take the vehicle to a qualified Auto Electrician, and they should be able to obtain one for you

If for some reason, you cant do that, you need to make a more detailed post, pictures are helpful
Old 26-10-2022
I just registered

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Even if the pin-out of the relays are the same, a 20amp relay in place of a 30amp relay will most likely fail after a while.

As awg suggests, a good auto electrician should be able to source one for you. A new correct replacement is probably the most reliable solution.

There are a couple of other things you could try checking first.
Is the resistor fitted to the relay still within tolerance of its value? i.e. it hasn’t gone high in value, or open circuit.
Does the relay coil have continuity (resistance), or is it open circuit?
Both these checks can be done with a cheap multimeter using the resistance range. Jaycar or Altronics have cheap multimeters. They’re handy to have in the tool box and easy to use.

If it can be disassembled, and you feel confident, you may be able to check and clean the relay contacts with a contact cleaning strip and some Deoxit.
Post New Thread  Reply