Installing CRDSTU/Murchison lift kit Question - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-02-2018
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

With no load there is no flex.

That's why I removed them and fitted OME MD ones.
Old 28-02-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Well that gives me some pretty good direction! Thanks Clarky!

How do you find the front end? One of my big concern's is losing flex so I'll get the CRDSTU HD springs for the front along with the strut top plate and chuck Airbag man High Pressure bags in the rear. I might initially just put in the strut top plates and see how it sits and depending on that then decide if i put in the HD front springs.

Hopefully that combo should do the trick to cover the bases and different loading combinations i might come across!
Old 28-02-2018
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,189 Times in 788 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Now this is my opinion only! I feel that the front rides and flexes fine BUT it has settled at around 20mm higher then standard.

My next decision is do I replace the struts with adjustable perch type like Bilstein's or Lovells and retain the spring or go Dobinsons or Lovells springs, decisions decisions

Here is a couple of charts that may help you decide what you want to do.

Note: the Dobinsons in the charts are not the H/D ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20375782_10154940588878940_8490668664213547664_n.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	77177   Click image for larger version

Name:	20375772_10154940591438940_2769221956806351872_n.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	77178  

Last edited by Clarky; 28-02-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-03-2018
MudSplasher

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 158 Times in 79 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parso View Post
Bumping a fairly old thread wondering how everyone is going with their lifts and if anyone has use airbag helpers?

Currently I'm running a OME lift with HD rear shocks with MD springs (as recommended by ARB when i got them), and just the normal 2" springs and shocks as recommended. However i've found I've lost a lot of lift due to all the add on's that are now hanging off the car. With the Steel bar, Winch, Rock Sliders, Roof Rack and especially now Long Range Tank the car is sitting back down significantly.

Front currently measures around 525ish and the rear 500 with the long range tank full. I gain back approx an inch with the long range tank empty.

As such plans are to change the front springs for CRDSTU HD front coils and add in the strut top plates with the aim to bring the front to around 545ish. However for the rear i'm not sure whether I go the CRDSTU HD springs or just add airbag man helpers and inflate them when there's load in the rear. Ideally I guess i'm hoping to bring the rear up to around 550. I'm trying to avoid losing flex hence i'm wondering if the adjustability afforded by airbags will do the trick.

How have you guys that have CRDSTU HD rear springs find the flex / ride when there's minimal load in the rear (say 100kg)
I'm running CRDSTU HD rears and they're pretty hard, no flex. But that's what I like personally. I'm in the process of getting custom made 4" springs in the rear at 250kg rating by Dobinsons. If anyone else is interested, let me know. I'm ordering 2 sets ATM, but it's still in early stages, as I'm still discussing (also haven't received the quote yet). It'll be a one off thing.

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/Hemi4WD
Facebook: http://goo.gl/85r51x
Old 09-03-2018
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Different in the commander then find the crdstu lift quite good with no load don't flex great but better than stock.
I find it to soft in the rear with a load if anything im considering airbags. I have removed the rear seat but its about the same weight as the long range tank full but if i have my camping gear in the back it bottoms out on the bump stops over bumps sometimes.
Post New Thread  Reply