New - Laredo CRD - it's mine!!! :) - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 22-12-2003
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default New - Laredo CRD - it's mine!!! :)

I picked up my new Laredo CRD last Friday from Macarthur Jeep. Just love it. Took it bush on Saturday morning up to Meadow Flat (near Capertee) and ended up camping o'nite at Newnes. Very wet and an unbelievable number of aerial crustaceans (flies) about

The car was in the company of Cruisers, Prado's, Pajero's and three other Jeeps - all KJ CRD's! The Grand ate with them for dinner. Where others used bravado and lots of revs to get up a particularly steep and shaley bit I insisted on using diesel torque and nearly idled up. Great engine. Just love it... or did I say that before?

Uhmm... billsta..if you're watching.... is there any chance of changine the forum description for this particular forum to mention the CRD as well as the straight 4.0l sixes? We don't all have the bent-8

Cheers - talk much more as I discover great things the Jeep does for us.

Chris
http://www.omaroo.net
Old 22-12-2003
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

consider your request done

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 22-12-2003
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Congrats Chrismal - keep us updated on any developments with your rig.
What colour is it (mine's Steel Blue). I just had the uhf cb fitted as described on the thread in here.

Old 22-12-2003
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

JimmyB - thanks

GoodOl55 - thanks too!

My new beasty is "Light Pewter". It's very good at hiding dirt - so as a colour I like it for that - less washing involved. I'm yet to see if other drivers see me properly - as I've had problems with silver cars before (been hit more times than I can remember because people claim not to have seen me). The Pewter is slightly gold, so let's hope...

I'll be putting some pics up over the next few days.

I'm looking at going a 2"-3" (with additional spacers) spring lift. BFG All Terrain KO's (still looking at size issues), ARB winch bar (Warn low-mount 10,000lb winch later), drawer system from the boys at Suburban, extra power outlets (I hope the harness is the same as the Limited and Overland - and I'll just supply the plugs....), dash pod (home made soon) to carry Garmin GPS-III and remote-head GME TX-3400, trying to find a place to put my Glind shower unit - a bit tight (!!!!!!) under the bonnet (might go with an external gas-fed unit), LightForce spotties (have 240's on the Patrol now - too large me thinks..will have to go one size down), ARB compressor, auxhiliary fuel tank from ARB stockist - sub with manual pump feed, cargo barrier, fire extinguisher, 12-volt rechargeable seat-mounted MagLite torch, ....etc...etc.....

Phew - should take a few weekends of toil....

Can't wait!

Cheers
Chris
Old 22-12-2003
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

m8 that is definitely the best colour - as you say it does not show the dirt - my 80series glx was that colour. I had to wait too long for one this time around. Kay-sera-sera. I often drive with head lights on in the day so the other blokes can see where I'm going.

I like your hit list....

Old 22-12-2003
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

good one dude....
should give us a call if you have another one of those fun trip outs.

btw, i dont change things around here..
Old 23-12-2003
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Billsta - understood...moderator, not admin. Cool

I'm the admin on another clubI belong to's website. (www.saabclub.org.au) I built phpBB2 for them - and added all the goodies like chat, etc as well. I'm also the national vice president and chairman of the NSW branch of the Saab Car Club of Australia. Lots of club duties. Saab Turbo's (85-93) are my other passion.

Yeah! Absolutely! I'll be going out often now, as it doesn't cost a fortune in fuel to do so. I typically float around Newnes, Yalwal, Appin and (sometimes - when we can get a key) Menai. I also like to get to the high country at least once a year to do a 3-day stint on the Davies high plain trail - across the Murray from Tom Groggin.

I used to be with another club, but will be joining Sydney JP. I'll have to see how I can get in contact with Mark and join up.

See you out there...

Chris
Post New Thread  Reply