Rock Climb Issue? - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-06-2012
DetroitDemon

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

A dealer may be able to apply a software update but unlikely.

One of the Jeep rental companies in the US found the the 2010 or 2011 model year brought about a bit of improvement in the traction control system. There was a video on youtube but I can't find it anymore.
Old 19-06-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

Where you the only one on Coopers?
Old 19-06-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just punch it up the hill.
Old 19-06-2012
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb007 View Post
This response says to me one of a couple of things *as that little word under your forum name NEWBIE or more money than brains, but we've all got to learn the hard way sooner or later.

As for me it's still LATER!!!!
Old 19-06-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
Lol you couldn't bribe me enough to swap my CRD Auto for that thing.
Fair enough... But i like my truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
Also the issue is your tyres. You need much lower pressures - try 15psi.
If you check my post i mentioned i was down at 15psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
Where you the only one on Coopers?
Yes mate, only one on Coopers & the rock was slippery... Also the mud had coated my tyres and dried in the tread, you can see in the video it looks like im on slicks....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtb007 View Post
Yep and fly off other side killing some ppl and taking out other Jeeps, sound advise there
Old 19-06-2012
Full Flexer

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

just a thought and it requires some fiddling around but can you swap tyres with a friend and return to the rock? i honestly think this BLD talk is over thinking it, If you ask me its because the coopers are probably shocking. unless your under warranty avoid a dealer at all cost their mechanics are rarely over 25 and charge absolute top dollar its crazy!
Old 19-06-2012
CrawlerStar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah aggreed
Box and ect helps but it was slippery, and your tyres were sandy as well mate.
That's probably all it was.

IMO you still outdid those patrols

I dont think there is anything wrong with ur truck at all probably some crap on the tyres and rocks...

Even lower pressures can help as the coopers are pretty rigid stuff and a shortwheel is pretty light which means they don't belly mch.....

Mick
Post New Thread  Reply