Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 142 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-05-2012
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Gidday Powerman how did you go about ordering the tyres what are the processes involved and what company did you purchase from Cheers
Old 14-05-2012
Super Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude bought them in Osborne park... We they got them in a couple of hours...

Seacomms so far vey happy with them, at low speeds (say 10kms per hour) you do get some "vibration" or road noise but above that they are very smooth... Road noise is quiet for me, hard top and windows closed I can't hear them (I open the window to make sure they humm!)

Off road they are better them the oem stock tyre... For me they are great... No issues in sand, mud or rock/hard clay... But remember I am somewhat in-experienced off road

I do know there is a few aw jeeps running with them and everyone likes them...

Sent from iPad... 4dr sport with terra lift and elka shox.. Thanks sbroffroad.com.au
Old 14-05-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundy69 View Post
Gidday Powerman how did you go about ordering the tyres what are the processes involved and what company did you purchase from Cheers
Hey bundy, yeah ordered them through DiscountTyresDirect in the US
- using a freight company called USAtoAUS.com, to ship them to aus, $35 a tyre for shipping - real cheap, just takes 10weeks or so

the real win is the price of the ST Maxx in the US $233 - with the aussie dollar just shy of $1USD thats pretty bloody cheap!

free ground shipping to the freight company and no import duty payable on items valued under $1k AUD.

dunno how much craig got his ST Maxx's for in perth but my couple quotes in perth were ~$410 a tyre fitted.

long story short - save ~$500-600 AUD from the US... BUT wait 10 weeks to get them.
Old 14-05-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Must be a bloody qld thing can't seem to score them here how long ago did you purchase the tyres
Old 14-05-2012
Super Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yup about 400-500 a tyre...

Sent from iPad... 4dr sport with terra lift and elka shox.. Thanks sbroffroad.com.au
Old 15-05-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Must be worldwide shortage on that size as the usa have them on backorder as well might have to go with another brand of tyre cheers
Old 20-05-2012
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

put some treps on today, can't wait to get it out next weekend
Post New Thread  Reply